The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nuckleheads 4-Penguins 5 (SO)

D.Doughty

WTF is going on with this hockey team?

Theyre as bi polar as the friggin fan base. THey say that the best teams find ways to win, and this team... well they like to find ways to lose... honestly its so incredibly disheartening to watch.... THis is why I was also hoping that theyd wait untill the end of the regular season to sign the Sedins... I just feel like its time to move on. Time to give Kesler and the kids the keys to the car, and make a spash on ufa day... Now that would have been a re-set.

The bright spot... again Zack Kassian is becoming a more consistent threat, and less of a liabillity. Nice to see him get rewarded.

Team defence... well they look awful against elite teams. Its not so much over a whole game, its the bounty of blunders at key moments lately that have cost this team multipul attainable points in the standings... Its a bad sign for a team, and a tell that this group just aint got it.... again.

I said in December when they were winning, that the schedule was being awfully nice to them, and that it would be January to get a glimpse of what we might expect to see come playoff time... looking like another sweep is on the horizon.

I will continue to observe, obsess, and cheer for this team untill the grave, but I certainly have no expectation of them doing a thing this coming spring... except hitting the greens.

Luongo didn't want to be here as a backup to Schneider

Schneider is gone and Luongo is the starter again

There is no issue no matter how much you want there to be one

so you say, we will see this off season, this season was big for Luongo, he wanted the Olympics, which Im sure was a prime motivator,,, we dont know what was said between MG , Aquaman and him during their many conflabs in the off season,,,he barely reported here, he was done in Vancouver..I dont think this is over yet,, being treated like he was just doesnt go away.

It seems every team can pull the goalie and tie then win the game in OT regardless if they are down by 2 and just got scored 4 unanswered goals.... extremely sad regardless how craptastic the referring is.... Honestly I didn't expect this when we were up by two with 90sec left...

Top line for the Penguins can score two goals within a span of 16 sec under pressure vs our top line which often does not make it on the score board...

Good teams find ways to win... I cant remember the last time we stole a game by pulling the goalie and winning in OT/SO.

It seems every team can pull the goalie and tie then win the game in OT regardless if they are down by 2 and just got scored 4 unanswered goals.... extremely sad regardless how craptastic the referring is.... Honestly I didn't expect this when we were up by two with 90sec left...

Top line for the Penguins can score two goals within a span of 16 sec under pressure vs our top line which often does not make it on the score board...

Good teams find ways to win... I cant remember the last time we stole a game by pulling the goalie and winning in OT/SO.

Reminds me of the Colorado game when they pulled their goalie with 5 minutes left. IN that entire time, our guys could not get a shot on net from anywhere on the ice. That was a pretty pathetic and telling moment.

Well since I was at the game, i'll see if my thoughts are any different to you guys.

-Kassian and Higgins each had a very,very good game. Kass looked like Bert out there tonight.

-Sedin's......they need rest. Don't think I need to comment too much on their play tonight, just invisible aside from a couple shifts.

-Lack had some unbelievable saves, team gave up waaay too many quality chances that Lack had to bail them out on.

-Sestito revealed his inner Datsyuk on that one play with the toe-drag, just if he finished it off!

-Choke.. thats all. Brutal D play on that 6 on 5. Crosby should be the one man they cover at all times, and he has all the room in the world.

why doesnt hank pack it in if hes hurt? his play is at the level of any call up we could pull from the AHL right now.....if hes hurt and needs to get something dealt with do it now...if your whatever hurts bad enough you cant take a faceoff well as a centre your too hurt to play.

This lack of holding a lead is not something new. It has been happening for years now, albeit not nearly as much as before. There is something missing in the core of this team. You can see it in a lack of killer instinct, lack of pushback when the goalie gets run. When Hank was hit against LA a few weeks back and the team responded it gave them a pulse. That unfortunately is a rare example of how this team is. No bass solos for this bunch.

Back to positivity.

How nice is it to finally have an legit heavyweight playing decent minutes, being a major physical force, getting in anyone's face that touches our guys and creating offensive chances?

He's made an impact just about every time he's on the ice and the more ice time he gets the more he contributes. Torts really figured out how to use this guy and Tito is playing his role perfectly. He's able to control himself really well it seems. He doesn't go all Ben eager at inopportune times which seems to be a common theme among players like him.

Anyways whether he can keep it up or not, right now I couldn't be happier for the guy. He's gotta be having the time of his life right now getting all this ice time.

Blown call by the officials when we were up 4-2 late in the 3rd.

James Neal tripped our player and looked at the ref because he knew he was guilty.

Play goes uncalled and they score 30 seconds later.

so what's the excuse for letting them score again 16 seconds later

There's a difference between being passionate and critical than being negatively polarizing and unsupportive.

Be a fan, some of these posts make me more sick than the outcome of the game.

this stretch of 7 games starting with Tampa was supposed to be a chance for us to "show we are elite" and can beat teams like this

we have lost the first 4 already, 4-2 to tampa, 3-1 to LA which would have been 8-1 if not for Luongo, 4-3 to Anaheim that again would have been 8-3 if not for Lack, and we piss away a 2 goal lead with less than 90 seconds left in the game against Pittsburgh

people have every right to be disgusted right now if this is what this team does when it has a chance to show it can beat the elite teams in this league

Anyone see Dalpe's move in the neutral zone right before he dished to Weber and he hit the cross bar. That was sick, If he makes those plays on a regular basis he could be a second or third line C for us pretty quick.

The Guy's got some speed and pretty good hands. He's learning to battle hard along the boards too and it's helping a lot.

Sestito had a good game.

Kassian... could have been his best game as a Canuck tonight. Ever time he was on something happened. He was putting the Pen's on their heals a lot and playing the way he needs to be a great top 6 forward for us.

Really hope he continues to build off this...

Torts is really good with getting physcial guys to play to their potential.

I hope Archie stays up and builds along with Sestito and Kass because we need that size and speed for the playoffs!

Archived