The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] War: Nucks 3, Flames 2

TheRussianRocket.

I liked the leadership by Bieksa taking over for Lain. Loved the game, intense all the way and I like the new face of the Canucks. No more softies on this team!

Hamhuis is a beast, now I can see why he was selected onto Team Canada. He made some mistakes due to fatigue but he logged 36 minutes, wow. Showing why he is our best defensemen this game.

Henrik won't play tomorrow, Torts won't risk it.

I don't get the big deal of us throwing our 4th line out too? All guys had clean fights, nothing aggressive some even giving each other a pat on the back after. Nothing bad happened or serious injury, all good and clean tilts nothing more nothing less.

Actually some good entertainment and that's all.

I agree for the most part...but

The big deal is that Torts put out Wiess and Tito for ONE of them to answer the bell. Westgarth lined up against Lain, a gangly rookie and was taunting him prompting KB3 to take the draw. I really think that is what Torts was mad about the most.

Like I pointed out in the GDT and torts has now also admitted, putting Lain out instead of Kas was a mistake.

Beauty's of the game

1)Torts

2)Kes

3)Kass (He's finally putting it all together after Torts talked about him!!!)

HM: Burrows! WELCOME BACK BUDDY!!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:

After getting out of the box with Giordano, he look and played like a man on a mission. Looks like Kass is starting to getting it.

4th game in 6 nights, just got home from a road trip (classically the worst game for fatigue), and all 4 of those were huge mental and physical battles (PHX because of Hanzal getting carte blanche from the refs). You're high if you don't think those were all factors.

Because we only lost 8 of 9 against actual good playoff teams....I think you're high.

"My biggest mistake was putting Lain out there." - Torts

Too be honest if he had put out the Sedins none of it would of probably happened. Sestito vs McGrattan was going to happen regardless as usual. Though by putting Lain (Bieksa-face off)out vs Westgarth did make the game way more entertaining.

Takes one to know one...

Sorry...the Canucks have been gooning it up as well.

#takestwototango

It's just as bad as we should have beat them 9-1. Instead, we barely beat them - which means we are basically the same as the Flames.

I don't know about you, but being the same as the Flames was not my expectation for this year.

So are the Blues the same as the Flames for losing to them in overtime last month?

Hell, the Kings lost to Calgary AT HOME IN REGULATION last month. Must mean they're worse than the Flames.

I don't care how good a team is. Expecting them to by 8 goals with 4 defenseman, 9 forwards, and without their leading scorer for virtually the entire game isn't just irrational, it's self-entitlement. Exactly the type of arrogance that this fanbase has developed.

I am not making excuses. Playing the game under these circumstances is not normal and passing judgement on a team based on how they play against one team in one game is stupid.

aha. thats cool. I like it. 10 games ago id say we were pussies without an identity. at least now we have an identity. we're finally a tough hockey club. the Bruins do this its hard hockey. we do this its an abomination...I embrace the hate!

I wouldn't say we're a tough hockey club.

But I think the last week or so has been a message to the rest of the league that we won't take their crap laying down anymore.

A big win that was desperately needed.. but still pretty concerning. Almost beaten by the lousy Flames, which indicates to me this team isn't playing very good hockey, or at a level that is required to make the playoffs.

Entertaining game though.

1st the Flames put out the goon line to start in order to start a line brawl that was made clear

2nd the Canucks have been playing tough against teams that have been taking liberties with them like the Kings

3rd this isn't twitter

4th check the standings Canucks 7th 59 points Flames 13th 39 points big difference

5th on any given night any team can't beat any other team looking at the standings and thinking oh should be 10-0 is a big mistake this board makes every single game ( also had several plays kicked out opening faceoff and players playing injured)

Okay smarty pants.

Answer me this.

The other teams 4th line ices the puck.

Do you:

A - put out your top line

B - match their 4th line and start a brawl

[interrupts with game-show buzzer sound] eeehhhhh! I'm sorry, your time's run out!

Takes one to know one...

Sorry...the Canucks have been gooning it up as well.

#takestwototango

It's just as bad as we should have beat them 9-1. Instead, we barely beat them - which means we are basically the same as the Flames.

I don't know about you, but being the same as the Flames was not my expectation for this year.

We barely lost to the kings. Are we basically the same as the kings?

Archived