The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain's family

jagori78

Too bad to see his folks fly out all this way for his 1st NHL game; only to see him ejected right away. Hope the team can pass around the hat so his folks can go see his next game in Edmonton next week.

I agree, it would be a nice gesture.

far_raf

I agree with Bieksa (In post game comments). This will give him a new level of respect. He handled himself very well in his first scrap, and took it like a champ.

Im a KB fan but he spot picked last night and let a rookie fight a heavy while he went after Smid....dont really care much for what Kb says e

Are you on acid? Bieksa went in to take the face off with Westhgarth. The linesman broke it up, then Westgarth went after Lain. Bieska tried to save Lain.

Fixed for the benefit of anyone trying to read that. Agree with what I think you're trying to say (although I'm not sure I'd accuse anyone of being intoxicated if I were you).

Given how bad Torts seems to feel about putting Lain in that situation, I'd be shocked if he doesn't either get the team to pay for it, or pay up out of his own pocket.

Im a KB fan but he spot picked last night and let a rookie fight a heavy while he went after Smid....dont really care much for what Kb says e

well in all fairness, the ref had a hold of westgarth when bieksa decided to get that peice of Smid. I know all the Canucks hate that peice of sh**. I think KB just took advantage of the chance to beat a guy that in ANY other situation wouldn't have agreed to it.

Also Lain ain't like you(afraid). Watch the replay... When he skates by westgarth and gets grabbed his gloves come off instantly, he knows what he's doing and handled himself well. As a 4th liner at any level of hockey the ability to drop the gloves and start punching as soon as you think their MIGHT be an altercation is a very useful skill. You'll find you get beat up alot less and that you won't get challenged as much, once the goons know you don't frack around.

are you on acid. Bieksa went in to take the face off with westhgarth. the linesman broke it up than westgarth wnt after Lain. Bieska trid to safe Lain

well in all fairness, the ref had a hold of westgarth when bieksa decided to get that peice of Smid. I know all the Canucks hate that peice of sh**. I think KB just took advantage of the chance to beat a guy that in ANY other situation wouldn't have agreed to it.

Also Lain ain't like you(afraid). Watch the replay... When he skates by westgarth and gets grabbed his gloves come off instantly, he knows what he's doing and handled himself well. As a 4th liner at any level of hockey the ability to drop the gloves and start punching as soon as you think their MIGHT be an altercation is a very useful skill. You'll find you get beat up alot less and that you won't get challenged as much, once the goons know you don't frack around.

Bieksa shoulda tied up ans danced with westy till it was over straight up.Lain should been afforded the chance to wet his feet by beating the Smid out of the flame.

despite the 2 seconds of play, I was impressed with him. I mean a first NHL game is intimidating already but then having a brawl like that. He didn't even hesitate, thats what made it so good. As soon as Westgarth grabbed him his gloves dropped instantly.

Definitely hope he plays next game, I always look forward to a rookie playing their first game(s) to see how they do.

Obviously, Torts response to the goonery that was lined up on ice was to have his line up prepared for that, but told not to engage in it. So we'd get 7 minute PP's (sure, ok). Bieksa's move wasn't anything except what should have happened...our guys weren't going to engage, they were there in case they had to.

But Bieksa was on his way off, with a ref guiding him there. This was just a gong show that was allowed to play out. Can't fault Bieksa (in any way)...he's the first guy that'll go to bat for his teammate's. Don't make it something it's not.

Lain can wear this like a badge of honour. He's part of a gong show that'll be in the history books of the NHL gong shows. And his family got to see that first hand.

I'm sure, as a family, they'll laugh at it looking back on it.

Bieksa shoulda tied up ans danced with westy till it was over straight up.Lain should been afforded the chance to wet his feet by beating the Smid out of the flame.

I agree.

Bieksa is a prime example of a spotpicker.

I liked how he beat on smid, as he's always wanted a piece of him.... However, if it was his best interest to save the kid why didn't he just take on Wesgarth? Or at least tie him up? He was going to get kicked out anyways....

Plus, that would have left Lain and Smid.... Pretty sure Lain would have beat him regardless.

I agree.

Bieksa is a prime example of a spotpicker.

I liked how he beat on smid, as he's always wanted a piece of him.... However, if it was his best interest to save the kid why didn't he just take on Wesgarth? Or at least tie him up? He was going to get kicked out anyways....

Plus, that would have left Lain and Smid.... Pretty sure Lain would have beat him regardless.

He was tied up with westgarth until they split em up. I'm thinking he was hoping to tie up, settle it down a little and let Weise and Sestito scrap it out but all hell broke loose. He probably figured he could avoid an entire line brawl but the flames went all in.

He was tied up with westgarth until they split em up. I'm thinking he was hoping to tie up, settle it down a little and let Weise and Sestito scrap it out but all hell broke loose. He probably figured he could avoid an entire line brawl but the flames went all in.

So he forgot where westy was while skated over to Smid....

I don't think he expected anything more from Westgarth. The refs had already split them up

He notices Smid heading toward Garrison (who isn't a fighter) and intercepts him.

I don't think he expected anything more from Westgarth. The refs had already split them up

He notices Smid heading toward Garrison (who isn't a fighter) and intercepts him.

Wrong.Im a KB fan....bother to take any time to research any posts ive made re bieksa in the ridiculous bieksa trade threads.But he is a spotpicker at times. And imo last night displayed that.

He took the face-off because he knew the flames forwards were going to jump our guys. So he told Lain to stand back because he didnt want Lain to get jumped in his first game. Plus Lain agreed to fight Westgarth, if you watch the video Westgarth doesn't go after Lain he just asks him if he wants to fight and Lain throws his gloves off. So Lain didn't have to fight but in the end he did and he did pretty well against one of the tougher guys in the league.

Plus why are people so upset he fought last night? He isn't going to be some top 6 Sniper he's going to be a bottom 6 grinder. What he did is exactly what we need him to do.

Archived