The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts to have in person hearing Mon

Del Rio

WOWWWWW. How is Torts having a hearing when all this crap wouldn't have happened if Hartley started his skill guys and not his goons??

Hartley is a douche and he coaches like one but he didn't go over to the other teams dressing room. Torts went to far and even though I understand why that doesn't make it right.

If I were torts, I would argue that it is hypocritical to suspend him. That's right, the very things that can get you suspended.....are the very same things that increase viewership and increase ratings.....ie) more money.

I doubt it would work but it might generate a fine and no games type situation if you acompany it with some sincere regret......no harm no foul.

Roy did the exact same thing in front of everyone in the building

I have to agree with Glassjaw

Theres a huge difference between on and off ice. There have been many examples of coaches losing their cool on the bench, throwing sticks/water bottles/towels on the ice. Theres been plenty of other times coaches have tried to cross the benches to get at the other coach.

Torts crossed the line, you first don't go near the other teams dressing room (ever) not even to have a friendly chat and you certainly don't do it to get after the other teams coach. Huge difference between on and off ice antics

I have to agree with Glassjaw

Theres a huge difference between on and off ice. There have been many examples of coaches losing their cool on the bench, throwing sticks/water bottles/towels on the ice. Theres been plenty of other times coaches have tried to cross the benches to get at the other coach.

Torts crossed the line, you first don't go near the other teams dressing room (ever) not even to have a friendly chat and you certainly don't do it to get after the other teams coach. Huge difference between on and off ice antics

Roy crossed the line also there is no difference between going bezerk off the bench or on the bench also Roy wasn't reaching over the glass to get to the other bench he was pushing the thing down towards the other coaches and players big difference

So if a player walks into the opposition dressing room and beats the hell out of a player, that's the same as doing it on the ice during the game right?

That's the logic some of you are arguing from right now and it seeeeemmms pretty dumb.

Welcome to being a Canuck torts expect the league to come down hard make an example of you then let the next guy off with little to nothing. That being said I'm glad he did it, nice to see a coach defend the players unlike the previous regimes smile and chew then throw them under the bus with the press. Hope he's not gone to long. On a different note bieska should be the captian even calgaries captian intimated Henrick while speaking at the penalty box, that's unacceptable from a leader.

He will be suspended and deserves to be. What he did was dangerous and unnecessary. And accomplished exactly nothing.

That being said, I'm hoping the NHL doesn't throw the book at him to make an example of him now that he's the Canucks coach. If Roy deliberately knocking down a heavy divider which he knew could have seriously hurt someone didn't get anything more than a token fine, Torts doesn't deserve more than a steep fine and a few games. I'm hoping no more than 5. Of course, it might all depend on how sorry he can pretend to be during his in person meeting, as opposed to spouting off about how the NHL has allowed the refs to declare open season on the Canucks and how the Flames likely thought they'd start a brawl and get one of those recently created 7-minute 5-on-3 PPs out of it. Not that he'd be wrong, but it's not going to help his case to point out that little bit of bold face obviousness.

Banned from the NHL for life.

Charged with causing a disturbance.

Air Miles card revoked.

ICBC rates increased. For all of us.

In other words, I'm sure they'll throw the book of lies & NHL toilet reading at him.

In seriousness, he deserves a suspension if only to set the bar...can't allow that to happen. However, keeping in mind WHY it happened, I hope the wheel of justice turns in all directions.

A game or two. Anything more is ridiculous.

Pretty much agree with this.

Gulutzan and Sullivan have head coach experience so it doesn't worry me.

So if a player walks into the opposition dressing room and beats the hell out of a player, that's the same as doing it on the ice during the game right?

That's the logic some of you are arguing from right now and it seeeeemmms pretty dumb.

I don't see any posts in this thread supporting your statement

Archived