The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts to have in person hearing Mon

Del Rio

Torts shouldn't have done that. I won't argue a suspension for a few games.

However, there is no freaking way Hartley should get off without a fine. I don't care if there's no rule against it. He put those three guys out there for the sole purpose of starting a brawl.

Westgarth himself admitted to wanting to instigate a fight off the draw. Of course, that gutless puke can do no better than hide behind his players and play dumb to the media.

I'm expecting a fine but really I wouldn't be that surprised if they suspend him for 1 game and fine Hartley for player selection.

It should be a fine/suspension for both, but Torts will likely be the only one who'll face the music.

These antics are gonna get tired quick.

Watch the nhl throw the book at him and Calgary (under Burke) gets nothing. Refs increase their penalty parade against us even more

first incident and look up what Roy did first game in the NHL as a coach and people praised him for doing what he did

first incident and look up what Roy did first game in the NHL as a coach and people praised him for doing what he did

He isn't a Canuck, that's why

They make him fly all the way out to New York for this...Really?

They really must miss him New York.

But in all seriousness, the inconsistency from the league is a glaring problem and there's nothing like throwing the book at a coach who did what he needed to do to protect his players. :mad:

They make him fly all the way out to New York for this...Really?

He could turn down the in-person hearing and do it over the phone. If the suspension can be 5+ games, the 'offender' has the right to an in-person hearing. If they don't want to travel, they do not have to exercise that right.

At least Torts could pay Brooksie a visit.

Archived