The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Colin Campbell calls Tortorella’s behaviour “an embarrassment to the game.”

OrrFour

But exploding and trying to go after a team in the hallway? What would we have done if the Flames let him in to the room? What would he have done if the Canucks' staff didn't restrain him? Would he have taken on an entire hockey team (all wearing full gear) by himself?

Something like this:

Stuff that happens in the game shouldn't carry over off the ice. It was a goon move to start the 4th line like that, certainly, but I don't think it warrants crossing the line of trying to rush into the opposing teams room. He should take that emotion and channel it into trying to get our offense out of it's slump. Not take himself off the bench and have to watch on TV as we continue to struggle scoring.

I'm not saying I'm mad or I think he's a bad coach or anything, he just should've known better than to try something like that. Are fans get to hold up some amusing signs. But that's the extent of what happened. If you guys didn't notice, we still suck at scoring, our PP still sucks, and we lost. So it's not like it gave us momentum. It's just another handful of games where we can't improve while the head coach is suspended.

If we're being honest and unbiased, Torts's actions were a bit embarrassing weren't they?

Not the line matching of 4th lines. That needed to be done.

But exploding and trying to go after a team in the hallway? What would we have done if the Flames let him in to the room? What would he have done if the Canucks' staff didn't restrain him? Would he have taken on an entire hockey team (all wearing full gear) by himself?

It was stupid. What was the point of doing that, other than showing that he can't control his temper. He's a passionate guy and I respect him for it. But he did cross the line.

Well I mean no one is sure but I didn't personally think he went over to fight a whole team. My personal view is he was going over to call out the Flames coach man to man, now of course it could have gone downhill after that and seemed like it might already.

Yes it wasn't in the nature of good sportsmanship and was a bit "of an embarassment to the game" agreed. But it felt like what our team needed, to feel like the coach wasn't just telling them to stick up for themselves but take the job into his own hands. It might have been a disgrace to the professional position these coaches have but thats the kind of stuff to help turn around a lockerroom and make the team want to band together behind Torts.

Colin Campbell's Bias and nepotism towards his son to on an official is far more embarrassing...

People get mad and erupt at times, At least he didn't hurt anybody.

Whats your excuse for at best blatant interference/intimidation of referees, at worse match fixing???

Does anyone really think the ref that got chewed out by his boss, That was showing clear submissiveness In the email rants would have the balls to call a clean game against lil Gregory??

STFU CAMPBELL, The biggest emberrasment here is you

What Campbell did was embarrassing but that doesn't take away from the fact that what torts did was embarrassing too.

I have to admit after 7 years of having a guy who tries to conceal his emotions(AV) I enjoyed watching torts do what he did.

But if you think about without any emotions he is now suspended for 14 days and the reputation he worked so hard to build back through his calm interviews is once again gone and everyone else thinks he is still that "New York Torts".

Totally agree with Campbell said but also with what the OP said classic case of "Before you point fingers at others look at yourself"

This statement would be correct if the NHL wasn't so currupt itself.

Where was Colin when the B's were punching the Sedins like dirt bags in front of the refs?

Where was Colin when the refs led the Sharks to 4-game sweep of the Canucks?

Where was Colin when Paul Devorsky made the Canucks-Ducks game into a circus?

Just so you know, Colin, when you point a finger, there are three pointing back. Maybe he should pay attention to that more.

Embarrassment... Because it wasn't proper tea time conduct?

Crossed the line? How o how is the NHL to gain even more meathead viewership if not by having someone cross the line or what's generally considered accepted or acceptable? Think the sellers of this crap Hollywood league are interested in NOT pushing the envelope in any way possible.

I think the word we're looking for here could be hypocrite, but maybe even more apt is disingenuous.

Colon (because he's full of sh*+) Campbell is more of an embarrassment to the sport of hockey than Tortorella's unfortunate actions could ever be.

Campbell has clearly operated under a serious conflict of interest, and the fact that the NHL basically supports this collusion goes to show that under this present management structure the league is becoming a joke in professional sports.

Those who feel that Campbell's comments are warranted need to check their heads and take a look at the bigger picture.

If we're being honest and unbiased, Torts's actions were a bit embarrassing weren't they?

It was stupid. What was the point of doing that, other than showing that he can't control his temper. He's a passionate guy and I respect him for it. But he did cross the line.

Again, the post period scrum could have been avoided if Hartley pulled up his dress and confronted Torts at the benches.

Who cares about Colons opinion. Those of us who are intelligent fans (yes, the ones who still cheer during fights) know his opinion is worth less than the paper it is printed on.

The leadership of the NHL is the biggest joke in professional sports. Perfect example, the conflict of interest that is Colon Campbell.

who told you that torts was trying to go in there with violence? Can't he just go in and tell Bob Hartley that he is a classless scrub who doesn't respect the game of hockey nor the canucks nor the team he is coaching?

Yeah. Don't jump the gun.

Archived