The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

Kesler, schroeder , 2nd for Mantha, Nyquist, 2014 1st

Edler, Hansen, Jensen for ROR, 3rd

sign Girardi as UFA or engineer a trade for him, Mallet, Tommernes, one of our 2 2014 1sts

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins ROR Kassian

Santo Horvat Nyquist

Sestito Richardsson Lain

Hammer Girardi

Garrison Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Andersson Corrado

future - mantha, shinky, gaunce, cassels, fox

You miss the other thread where you proposed this? Detroit needs their youth more then they need Kesler

And ROR is redundant with Kesler Gaunce and Horvat in the system

You miss the other thread where you proposed this? Detroit needs their youth more then they need Kesler

And ROR is redundant with Kesler Gaunce and Horvat in the system

I know I am on a roll, proposing the same trades in every thread in the hopes the Gillis sees them and does what I am asking for.

I do not like Kesler, he just seems too arrogant now, I think his value is high and that we should move him

what do you think of:

Kesler, schroeder for Bjugstad and 1st 2014

I know I am on a roll, proposing the same trades in every thread in the hopes the Gillis sees them and does what I am asking for.

I do not like Kesler, he just seems too arrogant now, I think his value is high and that we should move him

what do you think of:

Kesler, schroeder for Bjugstad and 1st 2014

Kesler is arrogant? Was he not years ago? Kesler can play center and wing and is a good player for us...Versatility is key look at Chicago they have Saad who fits everywhere...Hes more important to us then we would get long term

I think people need to understand the reality of it all.

Edler can and should be shopped at the trade deadline for premium return. Hansen as well. In a shallow draft Edler is worth either multiple picks or a pick and solid prospect for a team stocking up for a solid run. Before people go afire saying no he isn't. Shut up and look at historical value for trades during the deadline. Gaustad got a 1st round pick and if you're saying Edler isn't worth gaustad you need to go watch baseball

Hansen as well is worth a minimum of a late 1st round pick or a 2nd and 3rd to a team wanting solid 3rd/4th line players in a shallow draft. Again it is what the market will bare.

Off season we need to look at Luongo and decide if he will submit his list of teams and go from there attempting to garner a solid return. Lack can handle the load, 3 of the last 4 cup winners have done it with young relatively inexperienced goalies.

Booth will eat a compliance buyout and we can fill the holes we just made via stop gap UFA signings and one genuine top 6 player.

With multiple picks in 2014 and or 2015 as well as a prospect or two we should be able to retool and have a solid player enter the line up every year from Utica for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

honestly, I think they should look at Kes and Burrows as well.

I agree with the above

Kesler - keep him or move him, I'm not fussed, just if you move him, get a great return

Luongo

Edler

Burrows

Hansen

we should be able to get

1 good Right shot defenceman to take heat off Bieksa - guy is playing too much

1 good young C

that is really all I want, I think that is do-able

Luongo, Edler for Barkov

Burrows, Hansen, for Girardi

I think people need to understand the reality of it all.

Edler can and should be shopped at the trade deadline for premium return. Hansen as well. In a shallow draft Edler is worth either multiple picks or a pick and solid prospect for a team stocking up for a solid run. Before people go afire saying no he isn't. Shut up and look at historical value for trades during the deadline. Gaustad got a 1st round pick and if you're saying Edler isn't worth gaustad you need to go watch baseball

Hansen as well is worth a minimum of a late 1st round pick or a 2nd and 3rd to a team wanting solid 3rd/4th line players in a shallow draft. Again it is what the market will bare.

Off season we need to look at Luongo and decide if he will submit his list of teams and go from there attempting to garner a solid return. Lack can handle the load, 3 of the last 4 cup winners have done it with young relatively inexperienced goalies.

Booth will eat a compliance buyout and we can fill the holes we just made via stop gap UFA signings and one genuine top 6 player.

With multiple picks in 2014 and or 2015 as well as a prospect or two we should be able to retool and have a solid player enter the line up every year from Utica for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Edler has a cap hit of 5 million and most teams are pretty strapped for cap space making it extremely difficult to pull off an edler trade at the deadline for just picks and prospects. We would have to take some cap space back at the deadline, so the time to trade edler /kesler is the off season. Higgins however, would probably be pretty appealing to a lot of teams at the deadline and as you said, Hansen as well.

I wouldn't trade Bo, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Cassells or Corrado from our prospect pool. Jensen is on the bubble, just starting to turn it around. On the big club it's obvious the Sedins will retire here and after that I would only keep Tanev, Higgins, Santo (as 3rd line guys) Kassian and Stanton. Anybody else I'd consider moveable.

honestly, I think they should look at Kes and Burrows as well.

I'd consider Burrows under his contract, but not Kesler unless the return was as strong as I think it should be for Lou and Edler. Blue chip prospect AND 1st round pick or mutliple 1st round picks.

Kesler is the kinda guy who should be a 2nd line winger or best 3rd line C in the league and under great contract.

if we could ever get production from Burrows again he'd be the ultimate 3rd line player with 2nd line abilities. But his contract is now the sticking point and it won't be a decent 3rd line contract for 2 seasons when the cap dictates it.

But the return from hansen and Edler at the deadline coupled with the possible return from Luongo in the off season should give us enough picks/prospects that we net at least 2-4 sure fire solid career NHL players out of it.

I agree with the above

Kesler - keep him or move him, I'm not fussed, just if you move him, get a great return

Luongo

Edler

Burrows

Hansen

we should be able to get

1 good Right shot defenceman to take heat off Bieksa - guy is playing too much

1 good young C

that is really all I want, I think that is do-able

Luongo, Edler for Barkov, (florida is at 50 Mill next year with the cap going up to 71 mill, I'd consider taking Campbell back and would be willing to pay 60% of his contract)

Burrows, Hansen, stanton for Girardi, 2014 1st

we shed a lot of salary here, perhaps we could sign a top 6 forward who is a free agent.

Sedin Sedin Vanek

Kesler Barkov Kassian

Higgins Horvat Santo

Sestito Richradsson Lain

Hammer Girardi

Garrison Bieksa

Campbell Tanev

I wouldn't trade Bo, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Cassells or Corrado from our prospect pool. Jensen is on the bubble, just starting to turn it around. On the big club it's obvious the Sedins will retire here and after that I would only keep Tanev, Higgins, Santo (as 3rd line guys) Kassian and Stanton. Anybody else I'd consider moveable.

keep Hammer and Bieksa, but Bieksa is a number 3-4 d man, not a top 2 like we are playing him

we shed a lot of salary here, perhaps we could sign a top 6 forward who is a free agent.

Sedin Sedin Vanek

Kesler Barkov Kassian

Higgins Horvat Santo

Sestito Richradsson Lain

Hammer Girardi

Garrison Bieksa

Campbell Tanev

But there 0 chance of getting Barkov especially with what you offered so we wont have the cap space...Campbell is far past his prime on an ugly contract and again Girardi is a rental so we lose Burrows Hansen for him? Cant trade Stanton without offering him to other teams that had intrest on claiming him on waivers yet so is that a good idea? Look at other teams needs not just ours...Yes Lu would be a good option for Florida but their not going to move Barkov...Might be just their 1st round pick we get who knows

Team doesn't need a wholesale rebuild, but it does need some adjustment. Trading our upcoming talent or high draft picks is what put us in this position in the first place.

I think we need to trade one valuable veteran for good return and bring down the overall age of our team.

I don't think this is cup year. If we make the right trade, we could be back in the hunt again next year.

The only way I would trade Horvat is if Kane is coming back from Winnipeg and I can't see that happening on either side.

I'm praying GIllis doesn't trade horvat or hunter for Ladd a move to try to save his job, we finally had two blue chip prospect and to trade it for a player that will help us short term isn't a smart move, you saw Washington's gm trade forsberg for Erat how did that trade work out? Hunter and Bo are our teams future and it wouldn't make sense trading Horvat after trading Cory to draft him

Short of an over-payment for the likes of Bo or Hunter (aka: not going to happen), they're not getting traded IMO.

If MG trades anything it's our redundancy of 3rd/4th line players and defensive logjam for picks and prospects IMO. It helps re-stock cupboards and frees up roster spots for our upcoming youth.

Kesler is arrogant? Was he not years ago? Kesler can play center and wing and is a good player for us...Versatility is key look at Chicago they have Saad who fits everywhere...Hes more important to us then we would get long term

Except we aren't going to win now so trading Kesler for pieces when they would matter is how you get to a better team.

Short of an over-payment for the likes of Bo or Hunter (aka: not going to happen), they're not getting traded IMO.

If MG trades anything it's our redundancy of 3rd/4th line players and defensive logjam for picks and prospects IMO. It helps re-stock cupboards and frees up roster spots for our upcoming youth.

Exactly this. If people think trading a 3rd/4th line player will land Kane/Ladd, then expect Horvat going back the other way. Otherwise, those 3rd/4th liner will go for 2nd-4th round draft picks. The only way you get top end talent is if you give top end talent back.

Archived