The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

That is overpayment at its finest, what a terrible deal that would be.

If the Canucks are looking to acquire Ladd then the highest I would go is Gaunce, Sauve, Booth, 2nd (Conditional) and 4th Round Pick.

Keep Horvat and Shinkaruk, put them on the team nextarrow-10x10.png year and watch them impress us.

Edited by Sydney Fife, Yesterday, 11:52 PM.

blue_man.jpgI would say nix he idea of trade for ladd an keep Horvat he will be destined to be a 2 r 3 centre of the future when Sedins twilight out

I am really surprised with how many people are still wanting to trade away assets for a crack at the cup this season. 15 Mil in cap space (including Booth buy out) to sign 7 players. And only Kassian, Schroeder,Dalpe, Santorelli and Tanev being the big fish to handle on our end. Lots could happen before season's end, but I have to guess that Dalpe will be gone, Santorelli is Touch and go for next season, I imagine. With Horvat, Schroeder and Gaunce vying for center spots, the best I can see Santorelli being is a utility guy. He obviously isn't going to be signed as a top 6 forward. If he is, this team is in trouble! Kassian's salary won't breach 2 mil and Tanev or one of the top 4 we currently have will be gone, so there's a spot for Corrado either way.

sedin-sedin-?

Burr-Kes-Kass

Higgins-?-Hansen

?-Richardson-?

?

Hammer-Bieksa

Eddie-Garry

Stanton-Tanev/Corrado

?-?

Assuming it's going to take about 7 mil to take care of the question mark slots (excluding the one beside the Sedins) and Kassian, that leaves the team with 8 million to spend!!! That's where we stand right now...Umm, yep, let's wait to spend the awesome accumulated young assets until next season. Because THAT is when you spend them! This team will be so freaking stacked. Fill the gaps next season, MG!!!!

am really surprised with how many people are still wanting to trade away assets for a crack at the cup this season. 15 Mil in cap space (including Booth buy out) to sign 7 players. And only Kassian, Schroeder,Dalpe, Santorelli and Tanev being the big fish to handle on our end. Lots could happen before season's end, but I have to guess that Dalpe will be gone, Santorelli is Touch and go for next season, I imagine. With Horvat, Schroeder and Gaunce vying for center spots, the best I can see Santorelli being is a utility guy. He obviously isn't going to be signed as a top 6 forward. If he is, this team is in trouble! Kassian's salary won't breach 2 mil and Tanev or one of the top 4 we currently have will be gone, so there's a spot for Corrado either way.

sedin-sedin-?

Burr-Kes-Kass

Higgins-?-Hansen

?-Richardson-?

?

Hammer-Bieksa

Eddie-Garry

Stanton-Tanev/Corrado

?-?

Assuming it's going to take about 7 mil to take care of the question mark slots (excluding the one beside the Sedins) and Kassian, that leaves the team with 8 million to spend!!! That's where we stand right now...Umm, yep, let's wait to spend the awesome accumulated young assets until next season. Because THAT is when you spend them! This team will be so freaking stacked. Fill the gaps next season, MG!!!!

Horvat is considered most NHL ready of the prospects who can or may fill some of the holes .Schoeder gives us some team speed on a third or fourth line they would be lighting up other teams 3rd an fourth lines put him on line with Kassian an another two way speedster perhaps Burrows on this line an they will be a very impressive result line ,this opens up options this summer or fa to sign another perhaps Kane or ott type younger version O'Rielly. this team would have both young blood home blood an veteran presence on team an could possibly compete an maybe get out of west otherwise its a long long wait,Treveor Linden it has been long time to start young Jr player we should do this with Horvat an put him out with Kessler that line could rock,if they get any KAne,O'Rielly or even Stastny that line would be deadly in first or second line ,instant scoring depth.

So I've kindly breezed through pages 7 8 9 at the Canucks.com/forum.

this is my conclusion.

Canucks fans are delusional. At least most of them that chill out around here. Bunch of monkeys and clowns.

Here we are..... calling for Mike Gillis's head, because he's not making trades! He's not making trades to boost offence! Here we are a bunch idiots whinning and calling out Mike Gillis for not making trades to add good players!.

Meanwhile the same forum, canucks.com forums, the same fanbase who is calling out Mike Gillis for not making any trades, but are the same idiots who are complaining about not wanting to give up anything of significant value, in such case, it will be costing us, our top prospects, and probably included a 1st round pick! Yes, our top prospects! So in conclusion, you clowns are only happy if Mike Gillis trades for a top player without giving up anything more then a Brendan Gaunce or something ridiculous. Canucks fans are laughable. Truly a one of a kind.

this is my conclusion.

Canucks fans are delusional. At least most of them that chill out around here. Bunch of monkeys and clowns.

Here we are..... calling for Mike Gillis's head, because he's not making trades! He's not making trades to boost offence! Here we are a bunch idiots whinning and calling out Mike Gillis for not making trades to add good players!.

Meanwhile the same forum, canucks.com forums, the same fanbase who is calling out Mike Gillis for not making any trades, but are the same idiots who are complaining about not wanting to give up anything of significant value, in such case, it will be costing us, our top prospects, and probably included a 1st round pick! Yes, our top prospects! So in conclusion, you clowns are only happy if Mike Gillis trades for a top player without giving up anything more then a Brendan Gaunce or something ridiculous. Canucks fans are laughable. Truly a one of a kind.

I know, it's mind boggling. The Islanders wanted more grit because they felt they had enough scoring power, so they traded Nino Niederreiter (prospect and 5th overall pick in 2010) for Cal Clutterbuck. Yet, Canuck fans think they would be able to get Evander Kane (22 years old) or Andrew Ladd (28 years old) who are far more valuable players than Clutterbuck, for scrub prospects. Unreal.

this is my conclusion.

I am gonna call it the Django theory. We don't wanna get rid of the first best prospect, or the second. The third, we don't want to either, but if an offer comes this way in which we can't refuse, we will gladly see it through. I am more in the boat of trading the redundant players and open the gates for the youth next year. If the right deal comes up for a top prospect, of course it will be considered.

And for everyone else thinking the Detroit model works still...nope. Not really. I think we all saw Brandon Saad last night. Sometimes you gotta learn to run before you can walk.

I've held the thought that we should be offloading our older established talent for younger players / picks. We should not be trading for scoring, but rather trading away the now-dead weight. Gillis might want to be greedy for the return, but in some cases the cap space and a free roster spot IS the return (David Booth comes to mind... Edler is falling into that list too)

Kesler, schroeder , 2nd for Mantha, Nyquist, 2014 1st

Edler, Hansen, Jensen for ROR, 3rd

sign Girardi as UFA or engineer a trade for him, Mallet, Tommernes, one of our 2 2014 1sts

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins ROR Kassian

Santo Horvat Nyquist

Sestito Richardsson Lain

Hammer Girardi

Garrison Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Andersson Corrado

future - mantha, shinky, gaunce, cassels, fox

I've held the thought that we should be offloading our older established talent for younger players / picks. We should not be trading for scoring, but rather trading away the now-dead weight. Gillis might want to be greedy for the return, but in some cases the cap space and a free roster spot IS the return (David Booth comes to mind... Edler is falling into that list too)

Edler still has quite a bit of worth. Booth has literally zero. Nobody would pick him up on waivers. No trading partners for Booth. I mean, maybe the Leafs would trade Clarkson's terrible contract at this point for Booth's, but that's going from the frying pan into the fire.

Edler still has quite a bit of worth. Booth has literally zero. Nobody would pick him up on waivers. No trading partners for Booth. I mean, maybe the Leafs would trade Clarkson's terrible contract at this point for Booth's, but that's going from the frying pan into the fire.

not sure why we don't just send booth home.

With his injury history, I bet he gets injured long term and then we cannot buy him out again, severely impairing our capacity to sign UFAs

I think people need to understand the reality of it all.

Edler can and should be shopped at the trade deadline for premium return. Hansen as well. In a shallow draft Edler is worth either multiple picks or a pick and solid prospect for a team stocking up for a solid run. Before people go afire saying no he isn't. Shut up and look at historical value for trades during the deadline. Gaustad got a 1st round pick and if you're saying Edler isn't worth gaustad you need to go watch baseball

Hansen as well is worth a minimum of a late 1st round pick or a 2nd and 3rd to a team wanting solid 3rd/4th line players in a shallow draft. Again it is what the market will bare.

Off season we need to look at Luongo and decide if he will submit his list of teams and go from there attempting to garner a solid return. Lack can handle the load, 3 of the last 4 cup winners have done it with young relatively inexperienced goalies.

Booth will eat a compliance buyout and we can fill the holes we just made via stop gap UFA signings and one genuine top 6 player.

With multiple picks in 2014 and or 2015 as well as a prospect or two we should be able to retool and have a solid player enter the line up every year from Utica for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Archived