The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks - Jan 29, 2014

canucktican

I think it has come down to this; either make a bold trade and get some REAL help for this core, or fn blow it up and rebuild now.

If Gillis doesn't do one or the other he's toast, and he should be.

This organization is headed right in the direction Flames fans and Oilers fans predicated, and they ought to know from experience.

Pull head out of posterior please. A proper defense doesn't let players waltz into the zone and have their way in the paint. The defense is nowhere near fine. Of course your name belies your concept of defense. Erhoff......

The defense hasn't changed much since they lost in the finals. Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler and Tanev are still on the team. Salo got replaced with Garrison and Ehrhoff got replaced by nobody.

The best type of defense is offense. The Canucks have enough guys who can play decent d. The problem is that there's no puck-moving presence coming from the back-end. Edler has regressed mightily too but that's an argument for another day. No puck-moving/transition game= No contention.

Trade Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, or Edler. I don't care which one. It's real sad when a young guy like Tanev and a rookie like Stanton are the best d-men night in and night out.

I remember when this team's top players played like its top players.. Daniel just doesn't give a crap anymore. Makes one decent play a game and invisible throughout the rest of it.

I don't like the defensive system one bit this year...way to static and almost letting teams control the puck and giving them space to make plays and take shots

And I don't care what anyone says, our d core is not Stanley Cup material, can be good some games otherwise average

Just watching Chicago play I wish Gillis had stuck with building a skill team

We had a big team in the late 00's and lost to Chicago... so we built a skill team, beat Chicago and lost to Boston. Now we have a big team again and we are back to square one.

Archived