The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[trade proposal] dallas-The Vancouver Canucks

to dallis-

Edler, Horvat, 1st round pick

to The Vancouver Canucks

Nicushkin, Ray Whitney, Connotaughn

I think this would be a big step forward for this club. Thoughts?

Overpayment.

We could have kept "Connotaughn" last year and could've drafted "Nicushkin". So we're basically giving up Edler and a first for Whitney and this is an overpayment anyways...

Overpayment.

We could have kept "Connotaughn" last year and could've drafted "Nicushkin". So we're basically giving up Edler and a first for Whitney and this is an overpayment anyways...

:picard: . You just don't want to get rid of Horvat because he's your friend. Nicushkin was the better pick. Period.

Just :picard: .

Would have been easier to get their 10th with Edler at the draft. They were looking for a D-man (still are) and would have valued the pick less than Nuke as we controlled the 9th and could ensure that they wouldn't get him. Essentially it would have been Edler for Horvat, not Nuke. Should be able to get something on top of that like Chiasson. Or add a bit ie Hansen/1st(Shinkaruk) and get Dillon back to replace the hole on D.

Tanev, Kassian, Dillon, Nuke, Bo, Shinkaruk?.....futures so bright, gotta wear shades.

Not plausible. If Gillis made this trade, he is basically saying, "hey Dallas! I haven't seen how Horvat will play in the NHL yet but I get a sense that it was a mistake to choose him so I will give you Edler, can I get Nichuschin?"

Not plausible. If Gillis made this trade, he is basically saying, "hey Dallas! I haven't seen how Horvat will play in the NHL yet but I get a sense that it was a mistake to choose him so I will give you Edler, can I get Nichuschin?"

"So not only do I give you Edler, but Horvat was such a mistake we might as well give you him as well, and our 1st. All we want in return is your declining 41 year old pending UFA and a prospect we traded to you last year."

spray some on Tom Sestito hes the troll. Its a process just makes horrible proposals

People who live in glass houses...

to dallis-

Edler, Horvat, 1st round pick

to The Vancouver Canucks

Nicushkin, Ray Whitney, Connotaughn

I think this would be a big step forward for this club. Thoughts?

I will breakdown this trade.

Connauton provides pretty much nothing in this deal. Whitney is useless. He is a rental. Nicushkin would be fantastic. However he is not worth a 1st, Horvat and Edler. Maybe retool it? I am a believer in rebuilding now. I would not mind sending Edler there if like Olesiak, Dillon and a 2nd return? I may be over valuing Edler

Archived