The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis!

1SportsLover1

I dont see us improving with torts unless we get some new faces but Nobody is gonna want to come here cause of torts. If we try to rebuild, is torts really the right guy to nurture the young players. were stuck with him for the next 5 years.

torts "nurtured"

Mcdonagh, stepan, callahan, girardi, kreider, Hagelin

Kassian has improved more under Torts than he did under AV

Kesler and Edler to Detroit

The Twins + Luongo to Florida

Burrows/Hansen/Gaunce -Winnipeg

Adding Sheahan,Jurco+Mantha

Bjugstad/Huberdeau,Gudbranson

E.Kane.

rebuild done.

And Detroit shoots over the cap

Florida laughs in your face as does the twins...Lu goes

Winnipeg laughs in your face they need Kane to continue on their playoff hunt that they are close to making

Rebuild not complete now key players are miffed at Gillis and less players would want to sign in Van

torts "nurtured"

Mcdonagh, stepan, callahan, girardi, kreider, Hagelin

Kassian has improved more under Torts than he did under AV

90% of our team excluding Kassian, Tanev, and Higgins have gotten worse

Kreider had 3 points in 23 games last year I would say AV rocking with him

and Hagelin? "He stinks on the powerplay...everytime I put him on there he stinks"

How many times has someone mentioned Gillis is panicking? Well that's the last thing he does, yes?

GMMG does not panic.

If he said so (haven't heard it personally), he made it perfectly clear to players in the dressing room to get their act together, NTC/NMC or not. And stated that he's ready to listen to all offers (witch he obviously would do anyways) and is prepared to explore different options than originally planned. Not panicking, just making adjustments on the fly, due to injuries and cuz all the parts don't fit the system. He nor Torts knew who would and who wouldn't function properly under a new system. Now it's starting to show. Some have adjusted well, some less well.

this team needs to get better for the future not for a possible playoff run with teams like Chicago Anahiem LA and St.Louis to get by

if he can trade some veterans( he can say all he wants in interviews that he won't ask them to waive doesn't mean they won't be traded) and get the Canucks some young players going forward that would be great

Im interested in seeing what we will get in return for some of our players and if gillis will hold out and keep most of them when he finds out edler is not worth mantha and a 1st etc.

The way i see it is the sedins are not mentors. I want someone who hates losing, is intense, brings it every shift, and elevates their game when the stakes get higher to mentor our young guys. Not a

Broken down, timid, twin brothers gimmick!

Realistically we dont have any elite leaders on this team to mentor the youth so we might have to trade kesler+bieksa to get one. Id also keep hamhuis, tanev,and kassian and that leaves edler, garrison, higgins, 4mil burrows, hansen, and a few more to unload. I believe we can get a couple 2nd rounders or a couple really good prospects (not elite) for the whole lot of them but if you guys think each one is worth a 1st+ elite prospect+ then you are dreaming.

Archived