The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis!

1SportsLover1

Ok

So that we are clear.

2 weeks ago Gillis was riding on the coat tails of a Burke and Nonis built team and had done nothing to improve it

And now

The team is in free fall, and it is Gillis' fault because it is the team Gillis built and didn't improve on.

Man oh man no wonder fans of other teams hate this fan base so much

I have dated bi-polar women less fickle than some of these "fans"

that's not what I said or implied at all..

Gillis got a solid core from his predecessors..

He got some success from that core, But did absolutely nothing but give out long term NTC contracts to players that seem to be on the decline/gone stale.

if gillis was a good GM, He would have recognized this long ago and tried to do something about it..

Besides 2 bc boys who wanted to come home, Do a run down of this teams core and see how many used to be very good players that were acquired gillis' predecessors

Al the people that are saying "oh of course guys are available hes doing his job" I dont know if ur just unwilling to accept it, but this is different, The rebuild is on, It started when Lebrun looked right in the camera and said decisions have been made in Vancouver and everyone is availble , Gillis remembers last years draft when we got 2 amazing first rounders, and how thats how to build a team, Full Rebuild .

Oh, so Lebrun is our GM now??

Awesome.

that's not what I said or implied at all..

Gillis got a solid core from his predecessors..

He got some success from that core, But did absolutely nothing but give out long term NTC contracts to players that seem to be on the decline/gone stale.

if gillis was a good GM, He would have recognized this long ago and tried to do something about it..

Besides 2 bc boys who wanted to come home, Do a run down of this teams core and see how many used to be very good players that were acquired gillis' predecessors

I am not singling you out, just your post.

There is endless posts about how Gillis is riding on other GM's sucesses (or failures depending on how you look at it)

But now everyone is doing the exact opposite over the last 24 hours and claiming it is all Gillis' team.

Fickle fan base just leaves my head spinning when I try making sense of it all

Yeah, nothing much to see there (did watch it, couldn't wait).

Basically "we'll listen to anything". And I'm sure they will. But finding a deal that works on both ends is proven to be harder than REBUILD FIRE SALE WE WANT ALL THE NEW PLAYERS NOW

Why would anyone be happy hearing this news?

Watch MG go ahead and make a bunch of panic moves, then all of you will be whining again when we don't go anywhere with the players we get in return.

In all honestly we should keep Luongo, Kesler, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Lack, and Sedins. Obviously we won't be moving guys like Kassian, Schroeder, and Tanev so I'm not really worried about them leaving. If this really wants to go for a cup you don't just say everyone is available, you move certain key pieces and get some proper players to play with the core.

For the past 2-3 years we've had 3rd liners play on the 1st and 2nd line, get rid of a bunch of those guys and get some proper top 6 players. Also bring in youth like they have been saying for so long, this team develops players for so long and then ends up trading them. Bring Horvat into the line up next year, another year in the juniors would be a waste.

This management and team is all talk, but they aren't about that action. I want them to show me what they're about instead of telling me.

Three years ago the team finished first overall with the league's highest scoring team and PP.

Three years later only Florida has a worse PP so the Canucks are now 29th in the league.

We are talking complete mismanagement or gross incompetence or just bad luck.

The real fall came last year when the team fell from 4th to 23rd on the PP and the team fell to below the middle of the NHL in goals scored.

The decline has gone on for two years now. Realignment just highlights the reality of what has transpired to this team.

This is another example of Gillis's 'guarantee failure before you start' style of management.

He is panics, and not being satisfied with that, he decides he'll make his panic official by announcing it to the entire league.

He has just dropped the value of every member of this team by making this public.

Instead of keeping calm and working behind the scenes, he comes out with this.

I think he, like Tortorella, is looking to deflect the blame for the season onto the players, when in fact it is Gillis who is the core problem.

Gillis created this team, he failed to acquire the players needed to complement the Sedin's playing style and now he is running for cover and trying to point fingers at anyone but himself.

Another reason why the Aquilini's should end this guys association with the Canucks RIGHT NOW.

This organization needs a new coach and new GM, not the two failures who are responsible for the problem.

You should cheer for some other team .. obviously neither your heart nor intellect are 'into this team'

You should cheer for some other team .. obviously neither your heart nor intellect are 'into this team'

With a loss tonight the Nucks probably fall out of the playoffs in February.

Criticism from fans is the least of this team's issues.

Mindless support of a club might be admirable but failure does not cut it in the real world.

I guess Gillis might hold on to his job because of the payout clause in his new contract but one more year of this team free-falling should bring about change at the top.

Archived