The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis!

1SportsLover1

Funny that apparently MG wants to keep the Sedins but if this team really wants to get rid of the old overpaid dead weight that never helps when the going gets tough or the playoffs they would be smart to trade the Sedins, Edler and Luongo and get all you could and keep the rest of the team.

We could get quite a bit of good strong young forwards and a back up goalie with these players and we'd be much better off now and the future. The signing of the Sedins, Edler and Luongo were all a big mistake and the reason for our demise.

These players don't have the heart or what it takes to compete against the best teams in the NHL.

Interesting

I thought we constantly heard Burke/Nonis built this team....

Burke and Nonis did build it, but Gillis came in, anchored it for awhile before letting it sink.

Funny that apparently MG wants to keep the Sedins but if this team really wants to get rid of the old overpaid dead weight that never helps when the going gets tough or the playoffs they would be smart to trade the Sedins, Edler and Luongo and get all you could and keep the rest of the team.

We could get quite a bit of good strong young forwards and a back up goalie with these players and we'd be much better off now and the future. The signing of the Sedins, Edler and Luongo were all a big mistake and the reason for our demise.

These players don't have the heart or what it takes to compete against the best teams in the NHL.

Yes, Luongo is our biggest problem and not the lack of goal scoring... :rolleyes:

Help me understand!! Someone please help me understand! Here are the players that are struggling; Burrows; Daniel; Henrik; Hamuis; Bieksa; Edler; Hansen ...anyone else? Which of these are not character players? sure the twins can be soft. edler can be prone to brain farts. But none of these guys lack heart and character where you could call them bums. Take Hansen for example, he has improved just a little every season since becoming a canuck. year in and year out he is our hardest worker. Now hes having a bad year. Why??. None of these guys are over the hill and none of them are washed up. This team is missing AV. I honestly don't get what your problem is with a guy chewing gum and looking plain faced all the time. Ever watch scotty bowman. No matter what happened he always looked emotionless on the bench. Big deal. I haven't seen many games this year because I'm up north but the games Ive seen the canucks don't look like they are being lazy, they look confused and disorganized. NO REAL RYTHMN. They look like they've never played together before. Sorry, but weve got ourselves a coaching problem. all these players don't just turn bad for no reason

Not sure you noticed,but GM/OMG/MG tried for one full year to trade Luongo and could not.

Luongo,Kesler and the Sedins are the primary reasons this team is not a complete disaster.

Signing Booth,Roy and Ballard are significant losses to this team in available salary and pieces lost.

Not being able to parlay players such as Raymond into picks or pieces is another failure.

Unlimited budget with a core giving hometown discounts provided a few extra years of questionable talent evaluation and player management.

The decision to retain the Sedins is a move for the franchise-past ,present and future.

The inability to free up cap space,evaluate,target and sign a winger for Kes and the twins are primary issues that fall on to management.

However, now that it's "confirmed", I'm happy to hear this because this is really what's best.

We will still be competitive doing this, but now with a younger and fresher group of faces. Awesome!

You mean with all those younger fresher faces we'll be just like the ..........Oilers? My point is you need balance.

Who would you hire? Feaster? Regier?

If the Canucks need a cleanup:

Keenan / Tortorella duo would be quite entertaining. If pretty sure they'd see eye to eye on most issues.

Keenan has pulled some serious trades in the past, none better than the Bertuzzi/ Luongo trade.

Like Keenan or not, it has given life to the Canucks for nearly a full decade...

Burke and Nonis did build it, but Gillis came in, anchored it for awhile before letting it sink.

Yes, Luongo is our biggest problem and not the lack of goal scoring... :rolleyes:

You sensitive dilusional Luongo lovers are too funny and so predictable. Even Luongo said he was 100% to blame against the Bruins although obviously not scoring more then 1 goal definitely didn't help either.

The reason for the trades i'm asking for is we don't have enough scoring its clearly our #1 problem and against the teams we need to beat and have trouble beating more times then not our biggest weaknesses are the Sedins, Edler and Luongo.

Luongo has been a bit better as the season moves along but with the way Lacks played we could get another asset or two in a Luongo deal. Lack could already be as good as or better then Luongo although keeping him wouldn't be that bad either as security knowing the Sedins, Edler and a pick or prospect or both would get us a couple good forwards.

Gillis needs to do something and if he wants to go big and do it right i would trade all 4 of those players for the future betterment of the team and for a better playoff style team now.

I am not sure that being open for trades is such a good idea.

So far MG has a poor record with trades. I cannot think of a trade he has made that looks good at this stage. His best "trade" was picking up Ehrhoff, but that was really just a salary dump by San Jose.

I don't think the Canucks need to say the Sedins are untouchable. With contracts of $7 million a year for the next 4 years they are pretty much untradeable. I like the Sedins but those contracts are going to hurt the Canucks. Right now the Sedins are not legitimate NHL first liners on a contending team and you can't pay 7 million a year to 2nd liners and expect to contend.

Trading good young players like Tanev or Kassian or good prospects like Horvat would be absolute madness.

I don't think there is any way to avoid the fact that the Canucks are in decline and will need a couple of good drafts and good development of their prospects before they will contend again.

Archived