The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Honestly, there's no decent reason why he should have fallen so far. I was wondering why teams passed and passed and passed on him. Maybe this is a legit steal after all. Losing Kesler embarrassingly got some sugar coating?

Not embarrassing at all. The guy was clearly a me first player, and I'm happy to have Bonino, Sbisa, and now McCaan for him. Vancouver wins in the long run I think. Especially if the Ducks fail to win the cup, and/or Kesler continues his injury trend.

No he'll be an all-star power forward.

With what proof? Virtanen has not proven anything yet. You're just making stupid accusations.

You also complained how weak this draft is and now Virtanen is an all star power forward?

You are arguably one of the most hypocritical, idiotic and ignorant posters on this forum.

That's what I think. He's just super competitive and was unhappy to be skipped based on his scout rankings. He'll get over it and hopefully have the drive to prove everyone wrong.

That's good I didn't get to hear it. Regardless lot's of players don't get selected to the teams they want. It's funny what moving to a big city and making millions of dollars can do to change your mind in that matter.

Not embarrassing at all. The guy was clearly a me first player, and I'm happy to have Bonino, Sbisa, and now McCaan for him. Vancouver wins in the long run I think. Especially if the Ducks fail to win the cup, and/or Kesler continues his injury trend.

Also got Dorset in that trade for Kesler, not a bad haul at all.

With what proof? Virtanen has not proven anything yet. You're just making stupid accusations.

You also complained how weak this draft is and now Virtanen is an all star power forward?

You are arguably one of the most hypocritical, idiotic and ignorant posters on this forum.

btw I've been saying Virtanen is an all-star power forward for weeks. So who's ignorant?

Weren't you in favour of Horvat over Nichushkin?

Why the sudden 180?

Because when we drafted Horvat we only had Horvat and Gaunce in our prospect pool.

Now we have them Lain Cassels McCann and on the roster young Matthias and Bonino.

Just seems like a safe shade of overkill

Because when we drafted Horvat we only had Horvat and Gaunce in our prospect pool.

Now we have them Lain Cassels McCann and on the roster young Matthias and Bonino.

It was still apparent what the team needed back then too.

Most of those guys can play wing if needed, need that in the pacific.

Archived