The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

With all due respect to that Castiel,

You're on record for wanting to give up multiple prospects for Reinhart who....was and IS an unproven prospect.

Can't have it both ways ;)

Anyone we have drafted today now has the benefit of a solid development program. So we could have many hidden gems. Just sucks Virtanen will be so frigging under the gun with the Leafs grabbing Nylander and us having to spend the next 5 years hearing how awesome he is via TSN

Yeah but they're unproven too #logic

He's alot more like Bryan Little than Krejci.

I don't know where the Krejci comparison came from, he's an averaged sized player with an all around game, good skill, alot of tools, its not that I don't like him as a prospect its just we have 3 centers that bring what he brings already.

He's gotta work on his consistency, and he will be a very good player, but its just a redundant pick for us.

I don't know who you think Krejci is, but he's 6' and 188lbs.

And there is no such thing as redundancy when it comes to skilled, two way players.

Btw - Little scored 64 points last year. I'd take that.

I don't know about that, he's a skilled two-way center. Bryan Little like.

Building team is about having different components, a good mix of everything to build a winner, not taking the exact same kind of player 3 years in a row in the first round.

McCann is a good prospect, I had him at #17 on my list, just not the right pick for us, very redundant IMO.

I wouldn't compare him to Little at all. Much more of a two way presence, with less flash.

Centers have to be able to play in their own zone. The guy takes care of his own zone, and has great hockey IQ that he can make plays with. Exactly what you want in a center.

Save the skill for the wings. I want a center that can win draws, backcheck, and set up his wingers. Selecting the flashiest player rarely works out. Not that McCaan doesn't have underrated skill.

Thats great motivation to have a good career

That's what I think. He's just super competitive and was unhappy to be skipped based on his scout rankings. He'll get over it and hopefully have the drive to prove everyone wrong.

McCann rankings from some sites, Probably was choked about dropping to 24.

THW Ranking: #12

Other Rankings:

THW’s NHL Draft War Room – #12

Future Considerations – #10

ISS – #17

CS Final Rankings (North American skaters) – #10

Craig Button, TSN – #8

"I like to hop into a cold tub before every game," McCann said. "I don't like to get away from the things I do before the game. I'm pretty superstitious."

I love the pick. I'm thrilled with it.

Kid and his family were obviously crushed to slide 10-12 spots.

McCann rankings from some sites, Probably was choked about dropping to 24.

THW Ranking: #12

Other Rankings:

THW’s NHL Draft War Room – #12

Future Considerations – #10

ISS – #17

CS Final Rankings (North American skaters) – #10

Craig Button, TSN – #8

"I like to hop into a cold tub before every game," McCann said. "I don't like to get away from the things I do before the game. I'm pretty superstitious."

Honestly, there's no decent reason why he should have fallen so far. I was wondering why teams passed and passed and passed on him. Maybe this is a legit steal after all. Losing Kesler embarrassingly got some sugar coating?

Next Lemieux at 36th. Then I'm pretty much over Kesler.

Archived