The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

Can`t wait to hear how the Luo haters blame him for this game using his undeservedly low SV%.

So mad at yet another 3rd period breakdown and complete lack of fight back by the team. Arrrrrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!!

Gotta feel sorry for him. He was playing a solid game for 2 periods. But how was he supposed to save a shot that he was screened on and rings off the post? And stop a deflection off his own defenseman? Yet the story is going to be Luongo 'let in' 3 goals.

Okay, the break is here.

As of now, we're 19th place/30 teams and 3 points out of 25th place.

So now we're already out of a playoff loss. I don't think it's even worth making a push for the playoffs just to get eliminated in 4 games. We're half way there, please tank the rest of the season...

If we end up getting the 3rd pick in the draft, I think it will go down like this;

Buffalo: Ekblad

Edmonton: Fleury [Don't need a forward, will likely draft a defender]

And this is where Vancouver gets lucky and drafts Mr. Sam Reinhart.

Yep, I hate to say I told you so, but Tortorella was not the right choice for this team.

Everyone loves his interviews, but at the end of the day he can only coach one style of hockey, and the Canucks just don't have those types of players.

By all means, go ahead and say I told you so. You were right. Dump and chase just isn't going to work with this group.

Had this one circled since November.

Me too.....when I first get the NHL schedule I always look forward to the away games in Montreal and Toronto....big letdown..Im really torn now whether I want our key players to redeem themselves and become first round fodder....or just keep stinking up the joint and get a top 10 pick.

If you look at their pkay from November and December, and the arc of improvement during that time, you can see that this team can play much, much better. That's what other fans are seeing.

But it fell off the rails and they need to get it back. Simple.

Still wasn't impressive considering the teams they played. Early Jan we had the stretch of games against playoff teams, everyone talked about it and the Canucks knew those games were coming up. What happened?

Fun fact: elder is -22 after today.

He was -22 before this game which is 3rd worst in the league. Only behind 2 buffalo defencemen. I think this game he was -1 or -2 so yeah...good thing we didnt trade him in the off season before his NTC kicked in eh!!

Well that's depressing that the steak is over. At least the Olympics can cheer us all up. At the end of the day if the Canucks win 1 game in the first round it'll be an improvement on last season.

Not sure if we make the playoffs at this rate. If we are playing like this after the break, I'd rather trade Hansen and some other players for picks and try to just get a higher chance at a top pick.

Nothing, this season looks like it is going to be washed up. Time for a new GM to plan and build towards the future.

So bring in a new GM just a couple weeks before the trade deadline?

Sounds like a good plan.

Perhaps all you idiots jumping off the wagon right now should realize we are still only a couple points out. We are injured. We are coming off a cluster**** of a month that saw our coach suspended and we obviously need to make some changes to the roster.

.....PERHAPS with some time to heal up, make some adjustments, we could still make a decent run.

But of course the typical CDC moron like you considers this season over with 22 games left.

Go cheer for another team, Canuck fans would look better without you clowns.

It is really tough to watch Daniel right now, especially when you compare him to the other top line players in the league. No fore-check, no back check, excruciating to watch.

It seems like, since the Calgary game we have no push back, no toughness, no more of the up and in your face play. It seems as though the players are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Okay, the break is here.

As of now, we're 19th place/30 teams and 3 points out of 25th place.

So now we're already out of a playoff loss. I don't think it's even worth making a push for the playoffs just to get eliminated in 4 games. We're half way there, please tank the rest of the season...

And we're only 5 points out of third in our division. I'd rather look up.

As bad as the Canucks have been, LA has been almost as bad during this stretch.

Even if we have a small chance to do something in the playoffs, I would take that over a top 10 pick that may not even develop into an impact player.

Archived