The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

To put it simply, Price in elimination games scares me.

Disappointed . I thought LU looked more calm and in control in his game. Price was not seeing the puck well and seemed tight. His playoffs last year makes me worried that he struggles with the pressure games.

Per LeBrun tweet:

Bergeron/Crosby/Benn

Marleau/Toews/Carter

Duchene/Geztlaf/Perry

Kunitz/Tavares/Nash

Sharp

I like the new top line. See if they do try it. Benn has been one of the best forward, Bergeron great passer, clutch player, face off man if crosby gets thrown out, former line mate w crosby in jrs.

Team Canada Men@HC_Men 13m

Canada lineup changes for CAN-FIN. Price to start, backed up by Luongo. Hamhuis and Sharp in for Subban and St-Louis

No comment...don't know what else Lu can do to prove himself. And St, Louis out while Kunitz stays? wow

Lets see how Price does, he is the guy now

I still think it's a joke that Kunitz is even on the team

I'm just absolutely flabbergasted at the whole change.

For this tournament, Subban > Hamhuis, St. Louis > Kunitz, Luongo > Price.

Since when is benching the better players the key to success in the Olympics?

I don't know, maybe Babcock is just doing a last minute experiment, and is still going to roll with Luongo, but he just wants to see if Price would be able to play against tougher opponents first.

I'm just absolutely flabbergasted at the whole change.

For this tournament, Subban > Hamhuis, St. Louis > Kunitz, Luongo > Price.

Since when is benching the better players the key to success in the Olympics?

I don't know, maybe Babcock is just doing a last minute experiment, and is still going to roll with Luongo, but he just wants to see if Price would be able to play against tougher opponents first.

I can understand benching Subban. He's better than Hamhuis, but Hamhuis is the safer bet and they can afford to do it too, considering all the fire power they already have on defence . I have no idea why Kunitz is playing though. He just doesn't look like he belongs out there.

I don't see the goalie situation as such a big deal. Luongo proved himself, Price is still a bit of a question mark. This is going to be a test of his ability under pressure.

But I am bothered by the Kunitz over St Louis decision. The goaltending at this point can be treated as a test, but the forward lines should be focusing on solidifying chemsitry.

Me too actually. Nothing wrong with losing in prelims anyway. Yanked and/or injured and I'm happy.

C'mon, seriously?

I'm not exactly happy that Luongo isn't starting either, but why would you wish injury on Price when he hasn't done anything wrong?

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

C'mon, seriously?

I'm not exactly happy that Luongo isn't starting either, but why would you wish injury on Price when he hasn't done anything wrong?

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Price is incredibly overrated and always has been. He chased the better goalie in Halak out of Montreal, and then goes on to bitch about the Canadiens fans everytime he has a bad game.

He hasn't done a lick of anything in the NHL level, let alone prove himself to be an Olympic starting goalie.

Luongo may have a few choke jobs in the playoffs, but I don't recall seeing Price have too many GREAT playoff runs, certainly not like Luongo has had or even Halak.

Luongo won the gold in 2010, got the shutty against Austria, and they roll with a kid who is known to crack under pressure, play sloppy a lot of the time, and is feeding off a week Eastern conference and Atlantic division.

Archived