The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ehlers is the Danish Patrick Kane???? Boom goes the dynamite!

that scouting vid is old too, was before Barbashev and Ehlers have really stepped it up and exploded statistically, both are rising in the rankings, Ehlers more so than Barbashev

And warhippy Patrick Kane was 162 lbs 5 foot 10 when drafted, dont be so quick to write off Ehlers

Guest Dasein

What if we used some of the proceeds of the Kesler trade to move up to #1 in the NHL draft?

If you think Kesler is going to waive his NTC to go to a team that holds the #1 pick in the NHL draft you're dreaming.

I would love Virtanen, but the fact is that he's pretty small...

Perlini and Ritchie are good producers with good size. Plus they're both from Ontario - I don't know what it is, but a lot of good players come from there.

almost 6 foot 2, 200+ pounds and 18 years old is small? That's the bio I am reading on him. even though hockey DB has him at 5 foot 11 and 180 pounds, his recent bios and everyone else has him much larger

Pieces of Kesler and our first for Sam Reinhart. Trade Edler for Griffin Reinhart+. Max Reinhart would then request a trade here. Proceed to make Griffin a forward.

Trade for P.K. Subban's rights (if Montreal can't sign him).

Reinhart-Reinhart-Reinhart

Subban-Subban

Don't forget Malcolm subban

I would love Virtanen, but the fact is that he's pretty small...

Perlini and Ritchie are good producers with good size. Plus they're both from Ontario - I don't know what it is, but a lot of good players come from there.

Perlinni is actually English born in Guilford GB and moved to Onatrio when he was 13 (?) His father Fred played hockey in England and raised his family there. He moved back to give his kids a chnace to play in Canada

Perlinni is actually English born in Guilford GB and moved to Onatrio when he was 13 (?) His father Fred played hockey in England and raised his family there. He moved back to give his kids a chnace to play in Canada

Crazy, wonder if he's got the accent haha. Be weird to see a hockey player with a British accent

Not a big fan of Sam Reinhart. I know he has the playmaking ability and is gritty but his skating concerns me. I think he will be a good 2C in the NHL but no the franchise player. Saying that if we got the 1st Overall pick he wouldn't be a bad choice but I just wouldn't trade pieces to try to get him.

If the rumours of chicago offering leddy, shaw and teuvo for Kes are true, then MG has to take this trade and just forget about the fact that he will have given them a dynasty

we will then draft a guy like virtannen and right away we have a future top line. Teuvo can play wing or center and this makes us very strong up front for the future.

Leddy is an interersting piece, if I were GM, I would say so long edler and just try and move him and use leddy in his spot.

Hopefully Edler can land us a pick next year, failing that, I move leddy to NYI with say Markstrom and a young forward to get Griffen reinhardt

almost 6 foot 2, 200+ pounds and 18 years old is small? That's the bio I am reading on him. even though hockey DB has him at 5 foot 11 and 180 pounds, his recent bios and everyone else has him much larger

Yeah, I was just about to mention this. I remember seeing HockeyDB list him at 5'11" but I went and checked the Calgary Hitmen's roster page and he's listed at 6 foot 1, 210 lbs. Clearly Virtanen has physically matured in the past year or so. That's real good NHL size so you probably don't want him growing a whole lot more than that.

I dunno. If he's available when we make our pick, I'd like to see us take the local kid.

Yeah, I was just about to mention this. I remember seeing HockeyDB list him at 5'11" but I went and checked the Calgary Hitmen's roster page and he's listed at 6 foot 1, 210 lbs. Clearly Virtanen has physically matured in the past year or so. That's real good NHL size so you probably don't want him growing a whole lot more than that.

I dunno. If he's available when we make our pick, I'd like to see us take the local kid.

For me I look at our prospects in the AHL, ECHL and CHL as well as Europe, we have NO natural RWs.

Virtanen is a natural RW

Go with the need.

Don't like Virtanen over Ritchie but could see why I'd be called a fool. Think we'll get a big RW in the Kesler deal to replace Burrows falling off.

2 big players in a Kesler trade and drafting Ritchie and our top 9 could have 5/6 over 220lb players in a few years.

That's how to crush La/Anaheim

Going a bit deeper into the draft, Keegan Iverson or Dominic Turgeon would be solid mid round picks. Both in the pro factory of the portland winterhawks.

Iverson is a budding powerforward currently on a checking line role and is used as a big body to screen the goalie on the PP.

Turgeon is a speedy guy with some skill, but very good in his own end and is a great pk'er.

Both will have their point totals explode next year with added ice time as the top guys graduate

For me I look at our prospects in the AHL, ECHL and CHL as well as Europe, we have NO natural RWs.

Virtanen is a natural RW

Go with the need.

You're right. Kassian (if he counts), Jensen... aaand that's about it.

I don't know how credible Craig Button is as a scout but he has Jake Virtanen ranked 41st overall (up 6 spots from his last ranking) amongst all eligible players.

Archived