The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'94 Canucks team to reunite at Heritage Classic

Strombone1

Yeah let's cheer on a team that didn't win...one that underachieved all year and then came together for a couple of rounds.....not cueing bass solo!

That bass solo stuff's gotta stop...it's annoying. The sig, every post...just quit.

And you obviously have NO clue. That run was exhilarating and the city was alive during it....I remember it well.

It's fine that you have no clue about it, but don't slam others who do. The team was a special part of this city....a lot of fun stuff happened during that run and the "celebration" of the team afterward at BC Place was electric...it was a very cool thing.

Yeah let's cheer on a team that didn't win...one that underachieved all year and then came together for a couple of rounds.....not cueing bass solo!

You can go ahead and only cheer for results but I will continue to cheer on occasions where that 94 playoff teams comes together. We may never see it again. I cheer for it because it was a special memory for me and that's when I really became a lifelong fan of the Canucks and the game of hockey. So quit projecting your own half a cent and glass-half-empty views onto others.

I don't mind being slammed, and in fact I will gladly accept a witted bash but your failed sarcasm is pretty sad.

That bass solo stuff's gotta stop...it's annoying. The sig, every post...just quit.

And you obviously have NO clue. That run was exhilarating and the city was alive during it....I remember it well.

It's fine that you have no clue about it, but don't slam others who do. The team was a special part of this city....a lot of fun stuff happened during that run and the "celebration" of the team afterward at BC Place was electric...it was a very cool thing.

I guess it is a team to be honoured if you cheer for that team that almost did it.You seem to have no clue that the more you accept these almost wins, the more complacent you get with no championships. Do you think Montreal honours teams that went to the final but failed to win? Sure I liked that team, I even liked the 1982 team more. But I am hoping a Stanley Cup winning team will soon become the best ever Canucks team. So, cue bass solo!! It's what the people want!!!!

You can go ahead and only cheer for results but I will continue to cheer on occasions where that 94 playoff teams comes together. We may never see it again. I cheer for it because it was a special memory for me and that's when I really became a lifelong fan of the Canucks and the game of hockey. So quit projecting your own half a cent and glass-half-empty views onto others.

I don't mind being slammed, and in fact I will gladly accept a witted bash but your failed sarcasm is pretty sad.

There was no intention of sarcasm there, just facts, bud. You lose...cue bass solo!!

I guess it is a team to be honoured if you cheer for that team that almost did it.You seem to have no clue that the more you accept these almost wins, the more complacent you get with no championships. Do you think Montreal honours teams that went to the final but failed to win? Sure I liked that team, I even liked the 1982 team more. But I am hoping a Stanley Cup winning team will soon become the best ever Canucks team. So, cue bass solo!! It's what the people want!!!!

How about you cheer the game? Celebrate that? As others also have said, there are a lot of good memories connected to that team/era. I don't care what Montreal does, I'm in Vancouver.

Many are brought together in an alumni way for various events/reasons and there's really nothing to be negative about. If you don't care, don't go. Don't come in the thread throwing negativity around and spamming with nonsense.

He has prior commitments because of the Olympics. Both sides tried to make it work.

I love Bure, but what Olympic commitments could he possibly have a week after the closing ceremonies in March? Considering that all the players that actually play in the Olympics would be right back at it?

I love Bure, but what Olympic commitments could he possibly have a week after the closing ceremonies in March? Considering that all the players that actually play in the Olympics would be right back at it?

Bure is not directly involved in the Sochi Olympics other than being an ambassador for the hockey team. He's in charge of bringing a KHL team to Sochi.

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20131207/185303461/Olympic-City-Sochi-May-Get-KHL-Hockey-Team-Next-Season--Pavel.html

Bure is not directly involved in the Sochi Olympics other than being an ambassador for the hockey team. He's in charge of bringing a KHL team to Sochi.

http://en.ria.ru/spo...son--Pavel.html

That didn't sound quite accurate :picard:

"His last job in hockey was as head coach of the Russian national team at the 2006 Turin Olympics, when the team lost the bronze medal game 3-0 to the Czech Republic."

Archived