The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL GAME

goalie13

For some reason, the 2010 final felt more exciting and intense than this...

I blame the hour of the day and that I'm not at the game.

In 2010 I was a volunteer at CHP so I was there, although I was working outside. A bunch of us watched the game on the huge TV on the side of the Ontario pavilion.

I bet people were saying the same thing in 2010 when Canada won then...Russia won a lot in bobsleigh and biathlon, can't really fix those events

You can fix any sport with performance enhancing drugs, illegal equipment, and corrupt judges.

With 51 billion dollars spent, there was alot more on the line for Russia than there was for Canada. I'm sure there's money in there for bribes somewhere.

No way. Boumeester is such a solid player. Big, long reach, skates hard and fast and minimal mistakes. St. Louis made a great move to get him and lock him up.

Not on the big ice, that's for sure.

You guys just don't know what you got.

This game would be 5-0 if Hammer were playing. Pfft.

2 BS gold medals in figure-skating is a lot, though, honestly. Figure-skating is such a joke of a sport, there's absolutely no integrity in it at all.

True but again it's ice dancing...They look for acting, costumes, song choices. You could really then put Dancing with the Stars in the summer olympics

You can fix any sport with performance enhancing drugs, illegal equipment, and corrupt judges.

With 51 billion dollars spent, there was alot more on the line for Russia than there was for Canada. I'm sure there's money in there for bribes somewhere.

Obviously but just because they did win in medals doesn't exactly mean they cheated. Just saying we were not saying this in 2010 but I am sure other people were. I'm sure Russian athletes may have been a bit more motivated being in Russia just like I'm sure Canadian athletes were in 2010

Archived