The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

What packages I would look at for Kesler:

CBJ: (as much as I would love to get Johansen it's highly unlikely Columbus trades him)

Murray

Rychel or Wennberg

Conditional 1st (becomes 2nd if CBJ makes the playoffs)

DET:

Nyquist or Mantha

Helm

Sproul

1st

PHI:

Couturier

Read

Hagg

1st

NSH:

Weber (straight up; might have to add a touch)

So,

Taj@taj1944 38m

Think this is reporting Kes asked for a trade earlier in the year. Can any1 who speaks French better than me confirm? http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/jai-parle-de-mon-futur-avec-yzerman-st-louis-26022014 …

According to Taj, this guy is the french Bob Mckenzie and is saying Kes asked for a trade at beginning of year? Yowsa if true. Even more yowsa that this info got out.

ok then, guess when someone you know gets raped just say well all that really happened is... and see how ppl would react to you saying that

You cant possibly be serious? He used the word in its proper context the over reaction is to its use is on those of you who mistook it as a reference to sexual deviancy. As a point of note, rape not only refers to women.

The fact that you stated so matter of fact:" When someone you know gets raped.." is more appalling than anything he said..

If Kesler gets traded I'm going to cry. He's the heart and soul of this team. Why not Edler before him.

High chance it's neither of them. I think it's just a matter of could you get a decent enough return for either guy that would be worth the step back now in order to contend sooner than later.

Say Detroit is offering nyquist and a 3rd for edler but philly is 100% set on acquiring Kesler and offering BSchenn, 1st +.

This team is only going to decline unless a couple prospects step in and make some noise immediately. The chances of one of our guys exploding on to the scene hertl style are slim so it's time to seriously consider the take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. That being said gillis won't get rid of him just to get rid of him, it's gotta be a substantial return or it's not worth it.

I'd hate to give up Kesler but if the price is right we'd be stupid not to take it.

Louis Jean@LouisJean_TVA 24m

Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice

NHL exec told me if Kesler becomes available, it could change the entire dynamic of the trade deadline. #Canucks

May be tough to move Kesler before the deadline. Draft may be more likely. Vancouver would be looking for a hockey trade not picks.

A few weeks ago, Gillis was asked directly if anyone on the team has asked for a trade. He specifically said 'no'. So either he's lying, or these french guys are. Either way, I'm OK if Gillis was lying - this is news you DON'T want out before a player is traded.

Edit: Had a feeling...

Taj@taj1944 59s

Louis Jean on Kesler: He would like to go back to the US

Also, intersting read from Botch today. Asking why was Kes medically cleared to play in Sochi with a broken hand, but not here in Vancouver Link

High chance it's neither of them. I think it's just a matter of could you get a decent enough return for either guy that would be worth the step back now in order to contend sooner than later.

Say Detroit is offering nyquist and a 3rd for edler but philly is 100% set on acquiring Kesler and offering BSchenn, 1st +.

This team is only going to decline unless a couple prospects step in and make some noise immediately. The chances of one of our guys exploding on to the scene hertl style are slim so it's time to seriously consider the take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. That being said gillis won't get rid of him just to get rid of him, it's gotta be a substantial return or it's not worth it.

I'd hate to give up Kesler but if the price is right we'd be stupid not to take it.

Yeah If we got someone like Ryan Johansen in return, It'd be an easier pill to swallow, but I can't see CBJ doing that considering Kesler's injury history. Schenn and a 1st doesn't sound too bad either but I see what you are saying. that's just an example.

If the rumors of Kesler asking for a trade prior to the season are true, why is it coming out now?

I agree Stawns.

Why would we automatically take downgrades. Its not like Kesler is a UFA at seasons end.

Kesler deal better be like the Sequin trade or why bother.

Do we really need to add depth players....joke proposal.

Good point. Loui Eriksson trade.

However, I'm not sure we have the equivalent of a Riley Smith to net a grand slam prospect in return.

learn the language you speak natively, smart guy, before going insane about people using a word properly and in perfectly fine taste.

numbskull.

So what you actually meant to say was pillage. Why use the more obscure definition of a word when that term is predominantly used to describe sexual violation?

Btw, I'm not judging you. I'm pretty sure I've used the term in the same context, or at the very least used it in a roundabout way like saying, "Bring out the gimp, Zed!" Having said that, I won't be doing that again. ;)

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma 1m

If Kesler asked for a trade in October, being stripped of his 'A' was the untold story. And he never warmed to playing wing." #Canucks

Blake Price@blakeprice1040 5m

You are correct.. we'll replay it Wed. RT @chrisli117 Umm.. Didn't Gillis tell you guys that no one had approached him asking to be traded?

News/speculation coming in from EVERYWHERE, lol. Didn't realize he was stripped of the 'A'.

whaaaaaat? I didn't even know this either, I thought he had the A this season.

So did I..... at least on the road maybe? Not according to Kuzma...

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 2m

GM Mike Gillis was scheduled to be on Sportsnet between periods tonight but has cancelled. #canucks

Mmmmm.... wonder why? :bigblush:

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports 45s

#Canucks - agent for Ryan Kesler tells CKWX that trade request story is false.

What packages I would look at for Kesler:

CBJ: (as much as I would love to get Johansen it's highly unlikely Columbus trades him)

Murray

Rychel or Wennberg

Conditional 1st (becomes 2nd if CBJ makes the playoffs)

DET:

Nyquist or Mantha

Helm

Sproul

1st

PHI:

Couturier

Read

Hagg

1st

NSH:

Weber (straight up; might have to add a touch)

Wasn't there a rumor that Nashville offered up Weber for Kesler a few years back? I'd jump on a board a trade that involved those two. Having Kesler in the trade would lessen the amount of picks/prospects we'd have to add, which is great.

And.. it's Weber. We've never had a D like him in Vancouver. We'd have to move a D after, or even add one to the deal. But what a problem to have.

Archived