The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

If they already have Giroux, and are not willing to give up both Couturier and Schenn, I'd say Philly is not in the sweepstakes and not willing to trade any prospects/depth if they are already set at centre.

Giroux

Couturier/Schenn

Schenn/Couturier

I'm not sure they even need Kesler. That's a young, solid group of centres.

Couldn't agree more really. They are likely more interested in Edler, and will be unwilling to give us either one of B. Schenn or Couturier in return.

Kesler is an upgrade from Couturier or Schenn though.

Couldn't agree more really. They are likely more interested in Edler, and will be unwilling to give us either one of B. Schenn or Couturier in return.

Kesler is an upgrade from Couturier or Schenn though.

Starting price on Edler has to be something like Morin and a first. Work from there?

To King of the ES, Pittsburgh's core was built and won a cup within 4 years. Same goes for Chicago. And Boston's forward group (to an extent) If we rebuild properly...we will compete quickly

they got lucky - they got first overall picks or high picks when there were generational franchise players available - crosby, malkin, tows, kane, keith, letang, etc... both teams sucked for a long time, both teams are great american hockey markets with rich histories that attract a lot of interest from players around the league.

The only proven way to rebuild is to suck and get good draft picks when generational players are available. So mind as well trade keeler, edler and luongo, get a lot of picks and prospects and tank for conor mcdavid and maybe tyson benson

These are the two trades from the Pennsylvania teams I would target if I was MG..

PHI

Schenn/Couturier

Nick Cousins

1'st

PIT

Sutter

Bennett

Pouliot

1'st

as much as it would be great to have Maatta i highly doubt he will be moved because of Letang's injury and his contribution to their chances at the cup this year.

Because of Maatta not being included and the fact Sutter's upside is limited we get two prospects instead of one and their best 2 prospects IMO.

doubt philly offers more than schenn adn 2015 1st, if they did, i would probably take it. Schenn could turn out to be a very good 2nd liner. He is an rfa so we can control his contract for a bit, he is putting up solid numbers. the first is in a so called deep draft.

schenn is 6yrs younger, has some grit to his game and hasnt peaked. Kesler is a great player but a return like this is something i would consider more than sutter despres and a 1st this year, but thats me.

I think schenn gets undervalued at times. We free up some cap room, while maintaining a decent 2nd line replacement.

I much rather get 1, somewhat proven player in schenn who has upside and a pick than getting 3 pieces with 2 of them being of lesser value.

Edler doesnt get us schenn i dont think. But id do that deal edler for schenn straight up. Philly could probly afford doing it with giroux,vinny,couts and laughton and cousins coming

they got lucky - they got first overall picks or high picks when there were generational franchise players available - crosby, malkin, tows, kane, keith, letang, etc... both teams sucked for a long time, both teams are great american hockey markets with rich histories that attract a lot of interest from players around the league.

The only proven way to rebuild is to suck and get good draft picks when generational players are available. So mind as well trade keeler, edler and luongo, get a lot of picks and prospects and tank for conor mcdavid and maybe tyson benson

niether keith or letang was drafted in the first round

The most important part of the trade is the best player in return. I'm almost ok with Kesler and Drouin straight up (but we need to take back a contract from Tampa). Or Galchenyuk + contract. Or Maatta + contract.

I would rather get 1 up notch return than a few 'good' pieces.

I can respect that outlook.

I see Maata as cant miss; but not necessarily the highest upside. ie Teppo Numminen not a Norris candidate. Lock for 27 to 40 points. Solid. No mistakes. Makes a good first pass. Smart enough to pop the pass where its needed... Maybe slightly better than Dan Hamhuis and a similar player??? Time will tell who is the best pl;ayer.

But not the big shot or world class speed, puck carrying ability of a Niedermeyer, size and nastiness of a Chara or Pronger.

Add to it we have Dan Hamhuis, and Jason Garrison plus Chris Tanev one step down and Maata add's less to our team than say Pouliot or Bennett.

To King of the ES, Pittsburgh's core was built and won a cup within 4 years. Same goes for Chicago. And Boston's forward group (to an extent) If we rebuild properly...we will compete quickly

First it will take a year or two to become a bottom feeder like Edmonton. We need to finish bottom 2 for 4 straight years and hope that we get at least 2 superstars out of those 4 top 2 picks.

Hopefully there's another Crosby in the next 6 years and we get him.

If we can get Edler off of our power play, I would be solo happy. The guy is the worst, this year more than last but OMG its not fair. If we can get anything for him I hope we do. Kesler isnt our problem, he has been pretty good considering he has been playing with hanson. Hansen is great as a third line checking guy with some offence upside but he isn't second line Kes needs someone, he would be that much better. This year and last the twins have become very streaky. It doesnt seem to matter who we play them with they just refuse to shoot the puck. I dont know whats going on with them but its stressful to watch. I love my team, I never leave the game early when they lose. Im their to the end. I get home and rewatch it on the pvr, to relive the high points. I dont know, we need to do something. But dont trade Kes because the twins wont shoot the puck.

Archived