The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

could be MG really screwed up an is covering his ass with Luongo trade as smoke screen there is more going on here than meets they eye.If he did blow Kesler trade out of water we are hooped for more than 4 years maybe even 8 . I think his job is done here.

could be MG really screwed up an is covering his ass with Luongo trade as smoke screen there is more going on here than meets they eye.If he did blow Kesler trade out of water we are hooped for more than 4 years maybe even 8 . I think his job is done here.

How about we just sit back and see what actually happens over the next 24. What you are saying is just speculation.

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun 4m

Gillis on Wed trade deadline: "I really do think it's going to be busy." #kesler?

It could be in relation to some of the larger names yet to be moved. Moulson, Vanek and more.

I am starting to fear somehow that Gillis will sit back and do nothing. Potentially move Richardson and call that a day. I have never been against Gillis but I am starting to question his abilities to properly manage this team

not sure why ppl are against a deal with the ducks

etem,rackell,dsp,theodore,vatanen otts 1st all very good pieces.

If we go retool or rebuild its gonna take a couple years at least, and by then maybe kesler signs as a ufa back east...

etem-shinkaruk chemstry

Theodore- Great #s in whl, RHD offensive D prospect

Rackell- doing well in AHL probly ready for the jump next year

DSP- Big winger with upside

Vatanen-skilled D but a bit undersized, looked good for finlant at olympics

Ott 1st- top 15 for sure maybe top 10

"Gillis never makes a big trade."

Trades Cory Schneider for the 9th overall pick.

"Gillis never does anything!"

Trades Luongo for Markstrom and Matthias.

"Yeah, but he's probably going to stand pat now ... lazy bum."

Constant trade rumours around Kesler, Edler, and even Richardson.

I really don't understand the expectations of some fans. Gillis makes big moves, that's not his primary flaw. And based on some of the lousy proposals I see around here, a few of you would be happy with nothing less than something insane, like Kesler for Malkin (which I have actually seen suggested). So I guess if that's where you're at, yeah, you'll be disappointed and think our GM is terrible. But I don't think that's reality.

I'm not overly happy with the current state of our team. I'm not thrilled that we just lost our franchise goalie, even though I understand why it needed to happen. But you have to look at the big picture. I've said it time and again, but here it is once more: Gillis was hamstrung by the lockout and CBA uncertainty, a shortened season last year, and a drop in the cap this year. The timing was probably worse for our team than any other, given Luongo's unhappiness (and everything that came along with that) and our team's ageing core that was in need of some extra help that simply wasn't available.

Just look at how busy this trade deadline has been so far. I think it will go down as the busiest trade deadline we've seen in years. Things are opening up now that the cap is more certain and we're back to full, regular seasons. It's no coincidence that Gillis is busier than ever right now.

love these

It could be in relation to some of the larger names yet to be moved. Moulson, Vanek and more.

I am starting to fear somehow that Gillis will sit back and do nothing. Potentially move Richardson and call that a day. I have never been against Gillis but I am starting to question his abilities to properly manage this team

Just take a breath and relax. See what happens tomorrow.

"Gillis never makes a big trade."

Trades Cory Schneider for the 9th overall pick.

"Gillis never does anything!"

Trades Luongo for Markstrom and Matthias.

"Yeah, but he's probably going to stand pat now ... lazy bum."

Constant trade rumours around Kesler, Edler, and even Richardson.

I really don't understand the expectations of some fans. Gillis makes big moves, that's not his primary flaw. And based on some of the lousy proposals I see around here, a few of you would be happy with nothing less than something insane, like Kesler for Malkin (which I have actually seen suggested). So I guess if that's where you're at, yeah, you'll be disappointed and think our GM is terrible. But I don't think that's reality.

I'm not overly happy with the current state of our team. I'm not thrilled that we just lost our franchise goalie, even though I understand why it needed to happen. But you have to look at the big picture. I've said it time and again, but here it is once more: Gillis was hamstrung by the lockout and CBA uncertainty, a shortened season last year, and a drop in the cap this year. The timing was probably worse for our team than any other, given Luongo's unhappiness (and everything that came along with that) and our team's ageing core that was in need of some extra help that simply wasn't available.

Just look at how busy this trade deadline has been so far. I think it will go down as the busiest trade deadline we've seen in years. Things are opening up now that the cap is more certain and we're back to full, regular seasons. It's no coincidence that Gillis is busier than ever right now.

it does not matter the lock out, etc, this year will define MG an so far it has been worst ride in years. no one has been advocating that Malkin be picked up in trade in fact most here are looking at stock piles of young talent pool these teams that seem to wanna deal to the canucks the flyers Pitt Chi an ducks have some very fine young assets who could transition this team in shorter time frame back to the promised land, key is get younger bigger more talented with more upside grit an speed .

I like the Anaheim trade because the organization gets a lot better, Kesler won't be their forever.

If we can pick up the best pieces from them then why not?

Uhhhhh, Anaheim is already a favourite to win the cup. Do you really want to male them better. And even worse, watch Kesler shut down the Sedins for 6 games per year. Might as well write 6 losses in the L column, because it's unlikely we would win.

Uhhhhh, Anaheim is already a favourite to win the cup. Do you really want to male them better. And even worse, watch Kesler shut down the Sedins for 6 games per year. Might as well write 6 losses in the L column, because it's unlikely we would win.

Kesler will probably injured for 4 of those games

I never fully understood this theory. Ok so we don't trade them Kesler and then they go and get someone else. In the end we are the only ones getting screwed. I could understand this a little easier if we had some kind of precious commodity that was one of a kind. We are trading away a 2C, who tha hell cares where he goes? all this not within the division stuff is such BS

You mean to say the Sedins arn't being shutdown by Anaheim already?

it does not matter the lock out, etc, this year will define MG an so far it has been worst ride in years. no one has been advocating that Malkin be picked up in trade in fact most here are looking at stock piles of young talent pool these teams that seem to wanna deal to the canucks the flyers Pitt Chi an ducks have some very fine young assets who could transition this team in shorter time frame back to the promised land, key is get younger bigger more talented with more upside grit an speed .

You don't think the past two seasons have had any impact on where the team is at right now?

And don't say "no one has been advocating that Malkin be picked up" because it's a post I read earlier today. I'm not saying that's a common sentiment, but it is a post I bloody well read. It's ridiculous and that's exactly why I mentioned it.

I never fully understood this theory. Ok so we don't trade them Kesler and then they go and get someone else. In the end we are the only ones getting screwed. I could understand this a little easier if we had some kind of precious commodity that was one of a kind. We are trading away a 2C, who tha hell cares where he goes? all this not within the division stuff is such BS

Just the type of player he is, he is a hot commodity. I don't wanna see him on Anaheim. Even for Etem, Silfverberg/Lindholm/Vatanen, and a 1st. If we were to take Fowler from them, I would think about it then.

Trading Kesler isn't about making other teams better, it's about what we are getting for him. I don't care if Ducks get Kesler and dominate if it means we are taking their prized prospects and picks because that helps us greatly.

Ok, here we go folks.

I DO NOT expect this to be a quiet night.

I'm thinking if we do make a deal, it'll be right near the end

Archived