The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Luongo sitting out again because he's in play?

VegasCanuck

My bet is he is being traded. There is no way the Canucks could be this classless. It's not like Lack is leaps and bounds better than Lu and Lu has been playing poorly.

Love him or not, Lu is arguably the best goalie in Canucks history and I fail to believe an organization can be this stupid and classless. I can sit through a rebuild or a team that doesn't score but combine that with classless I may hurt my ankle jumping off the wagon.

Something has to be up....

I agree with you. I can't think that Tortorella would be this classless to not play a goaltender like Luongo at the Canucks Heritage Classic. Gillis probably had a talk with Tortorella and said something like sit Luongo until the deadline because we're going to try and move him or something along those lines.

In my view, it makes complete sense. If we can get a decent package in return for Luongo that helps us, we should do it. We all already know that the damage in the relationship between Canucks organization and Luongo has already been done and I think in Luongo's mind, he would prefer to not be here anymore.

I think there is a whole lot of overreacting going on around this, which really isn't surprising I guess, but still.

If this was any normal game, there would not have been nearly as much attention paid to Lack getting his third straight start. Ultimately, the coaching staff have to treat this like it is just a normal game, and a some big event because it still counts as a normal game in the standings. If they feel that Lack gives us the best chance to win the game, he gets the start.

It sucks for Luongo, but the only reason fans think this is classless is because it's a "special event" kind of game. Of course Luongo was excited, and it's completely reasonable for him to be disappointed, but if it was a "normal" game, very few people would have cared aside from those who like to turn anything into an issue.

I doubt Luongo sitting means anything aside from us riding the hot hand.

A sound assessment. People can't accept simple some times.

This game is a show case, an icon. It is a statement, like it or not. "This is our core, here is our flag; our image." This moment will echo on these forums for a long, long time. I hope they all chant Luuu, at some point, in recognition. Anyways, go Eddy!

Remember Torts and his twitter comments prior to the season beginning? I don't like it, period. RL must have gotten the memo.

I'd think so, since he hasn't said anything about the situation using his twitter account.

Speculation is speculation no matter the source. No reputable source steaks their reputation on speculation. If bmac had said it, it still wouldn't hold more water. Interesting thought but clearly not based in reality.

While I agree anyone can qualify to speculate on something, not everyone qualifies to be the source of a thread in trades, rumours and signings. Certainly my reply was for a thread in that forum, which has now been moved into Canucks Talk.

While the NYI goaltending gives up 5 goals on 34 shots to the Panthers.

And the beat goes dum-da-dam-da-da.

Is that your CDC GM team, or the actual team? :P

But seriously, some teams just don't want to see the problems they have considering the cost of what it'd take to fix them.

Is that your CDC GM team, or the actual team? :P

But seriously, some teams just don't want to see the problems they have considering the cost of what it'd take to fix them.

Nah, man. I've got Rask with John Gibson and Joaqim Eriksson in the minors. I build from the backend out. :P

I'm not kidding when I say I think I could do a better job than Snow even with his limited resources.

Nah, man. I've got Rask with John Gibson and Joaqim Eriksson in the minors. I build from the backend out. :P

I'm not kidding when I say I think I could do a better job than Snow even with his limited resources.

My money is on you too theminister.

Archived