The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

What the hell are Canucks doing? Why are they purposely trying to piss off Luongo more than he already is? If the report is true and Lack starts, I would not blame Lu at all for sitting out the rest of the year demanding a trade.

Or the other way to look at it is that Lack is getting rewarded for 2 really good back to back performances. The team is fighting for their playoff lives and right now Lack is giving them a chance to win. When he has a bad outing, Luongo will be back in net.

Maybe it's about that comment Lui had on the Kesler situation?? It was a shot at Gillis...

Could be. Torts was clear at the beginning of the season how he disliked the twitter stuff and Lu's comment was ill-timed and inappropriate.

Happy for Lack, and it's just a testament to overcoming a potential career ending injury.

Lou has been a top tier goalie again this season. I agree with lack getting the last 2 starts because if jet lag and performance. It's time for Lou to get his net back

Anyone else think that maybe Lu still isn't 100%?

That's the ONLY reason I can think of not to start him tomorrow. It's not fair to him at all. He's dealt with so much BS it's unreal.

This actually pisses me off. Luongo has been treated like absolute crap this past year. Unbelievable. Lu deserves better.

I agree. Sure, Lack has been playing great, but Lu deserves the start. Unless he is injured again and they are keeping it quiet for some odd reason, this seems low. And it isn't going to help his confidence one bit.

This is Lou's game! Torts better have some explanation

Why? Because LU has some God-given right to pick the games he starts? Every team in the league goes with the hot goalie to get the W. So many fans here think it's more important to play Lu who hasn't played a game in 3 weeks when Eddie has only given 1 goal in 2 games.

Maybe it's about that comment Lui had on the Kesler situation?? It was a shot at Gillis...

It was a joke, just like when he tweeted free Torts. This is pathetic, I cannot believe Lack is starting, I don't care how good he's been playing lately, this is Lu's game.

Why do the Canucks, whether it be fans, coaching staff, management run every best player the Canucks have had out of town, it's such a freaking tragedy....all self inflicted.

They either need to come out and say he's injured, and then explain why he's well enough to sit backup, get a trade completed that involves either Luo or Lack, or they are knowingly and deliberately creating a new goalie controversy for nothing. Worse still, they are making this organization look terrible. Luo has not been playing badly and (with a few exceptions of some people here) everyone knows it. Barring an injury (which doesn't appear to be the case) or an actual trade, there is no justifiable reason to sit your starting goalie for 3 games after an Olympic shutout no less.

In this day in age where most of the best players have NTCs and have to put your team on their list for you to even get a chance at them, this team's recent history of selective loyalty to some while mistreating and scapegoating other players (e.g. Hodgson, whatever you think of that situation, Ballard, and Luongo) is not helping to make Vancouver look like a desirable destination. Or even a good career option.

Not to mention how they burned Mathieu Schneider....or Malhotra...or shook-down Salo....or how they used-up Owen Nolan in the 2011 pre-season, playing him like a horse in back-to-back games for 20 plus minutes & leaning on his leadership - while almost the entire team rested post SC-run...then they dumped him! They need to think....are they truly a destination team for free-agents...or NOT? If that's a poll question...I bet NOT is winning...after this revelation.

This also heaps the pressure on Lack. Flu-like symptoms - anyone?!

Archived