people probly wont like this trade idea

edler

kesler

schroeder

for

b.schenn

simmonds

hagg/cousins

conditional 2015 1st if philly makes postseason this year, turns into a 2nd if they miss

Its basically 1 for 1

Proven top 6 guy kesler FOR young b.schenn who is still a top 6 guy with upside and 6 years younger

Edler-proven top 4 FOR Simmonds mid 20s proven top 6

schroeder- young top 9 potential with great speed who hasnt been given a fair chance ever here FOR Hagg/cousins prospect with upside, and the pick which is an added bonus.

Not over valuing our guys, but not under rating their players either. We add 2 solid top 6 guys, a decent prospect and a pick in a good draft year.

the pick is the add on to the value of kesler and edler for their experience and impact now factor. As Schenn isnt quite at the level of impact of Kesler.

We gain youth while maintaining competitive aswell, no chance we get schenn and simmonds for either of our guys thats just being unrealistic

After Shero's lowball offer, her probably screwed himself over because a lot of GMs would look at that offer and feel that they could easily provide something better than Sutter+Despres.

I still like a Johansen+Dubinsky+1st deal. Dubinsky fills the gap that Kesler left, and his contract runs out around the time I'd be comfortable slotting in BoHo in the 3C position. Hank can still be a 1C but can groom Johansen for the 1C spot.

Getting Maata would be pretty nice too though. Has been a while since Canucks have had a top tier D prospect (RIP Bourdon).

Can't see anyone but a contending team being interested in Kes. He's a guy that could put a contender 'over the top,' but will go for a good price. Imagine how he would tear it up in the east (especially with a loaded team like Pits). Yikes! Another Selke anyone?

Even non-contending teams will be interested because Kesler is not a rental. He's got a terrific contract.

After Shero's lowball offer, her probably screwed himself over because a lot of GMs would look at that offer and feel that they could easily provide something better than Sutter+Despres.

I still like a Johansen+Dubinsky+1st deal. Dubinsky fills the gap that Kesler left, and his contract runs out around the time I'd be comfortable slotting in BoHo in the 3C position. Hank can still be a 1C but can groom Johansen for the 1C spot.

Getting Maata would be pretty nice too though. Has been a while since Canucks have had a top tier D prospect (RIP Bourdon).

I like it. solid plan

people probly wont like this trade idea

edler

kesler

schroeder

for

b.schenn

simmonds

hagg/cousins

conditional 2015 1st if philly makes postseason this year, turns into a 2nd if they miss

Its basically 1 for 1

Proven top 6 guy kesler FOR young b.schenn who is still a top 6 guy with upside and 6 years younger

Edler-proven top 4 FOR Simmonds mid 20s proven top 6

schroeder- young top 9 potential with great speed who hasnt been given a fair chance ever here FOR Hagg/cousins prospect with upside, and the pick which is an added bonus.

Not over valuing our guys, but not under rating their players either. We add 2 solid top 6 guys, a decent prospect and a pick in a good draft year.

no thanks.. we are giving up the two best players in that deal by a good margin both of whom aren't that old and both of whom are on steal contracts for multiple years to come

I would not expect Maatta. They'll need him for a cup drive. Pouliot or picks is more reasonable. But if picks then we need to start utlizing the draft a bit more effectively. I'd prefer a 2015 1st and 2nd in there to make it easier.

Kesler >>>>> Maatta for a cup run. It's a future vs present tradeoff. That's what it should be.

no way we get maata or johansen.

So are you undervaluing Simmonds as a player? 45pts aint bad, plus the style of game he brings? perfect match for the twins, he is a more established top 6 guy, something i was hoping kassian would be already.

B.schenn is a quality player. he can also play wing so in a year or two. Shinkaruk horvat schenn is a possible line, that doesnt look good?

We are trading away the older player, in return we are getting younger, cheaper players who are hitting or havent hit their prime. Schenn could be a 60-70pt guy and do that for years. Kesler did that twice, not knocking kesler at all either.

Simmonds with the twins could really wake them up and he could easily be a younger better more physical anson carter. 30goals would be a no brainer for him with the twins.

If someone asked you would you take a mid 20s winger with grit who could slot with the twins for edler you would say no?

I would much rather have quality like this comingback than sutter, a penguins super late 1st round pick or other teams prospects who have proven far less in the league.

This trade for philly doesnt hurt them either, they gain a top 4 d man, and a great shutdown offensive threat 2nd liner, or slot him on girouxs wing.

This would be a bold move, and i would applaud gillis for trying something like this, than hlding on, and not doing anything, hes done that for far too long, this core is getting older and has shown they cant get back to where they were a few years back. We replenish our team with youth that can play in the lineup now.

Doubt this trade happens in season, but i would really like to see this return coming back

The reason the Pens are desperate is Sutter has sucked since he was traded to the Pens. The Pens got robbed in the Jordan Staal deal. Why should we help Pitt by letting them rob us with Carolina's castaways?

Only players I would want off Pitts is Neil and Malkin. Would they take a package of Kesler and stuff for Malkin? Bet they won't.

Archived