The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Maata, despres,1st,sutter, and engylland

For

Kesler, bieksa.

Then you go try get an elite stud dman to help mentor maata, despres, and tanev. You can use sutter, pittsburghs 1st round pick, this years 1st if you dont win the lottery (not giving up ekblad) edler and garrison to get your shea weber. Now your top 5 defencemen look like:

Weber/elite dman

Hamhuis

Despres

Maata

Tanev

To round it out you go get a john erskine or matt carkner to protect lou

Edit: nevermind about erskine or carkner, you got engylland now

I like it, but i'd prefer to keep Bieksa. Swap out for Edler and adjust the picks appropriately.

http://blog.triblive.../#axzz2uvvAkitn

Interesting to note that the Penguins would rather give up picks then their prospects. But it's also interesting that it sounds like that they would be willing to change that to acquire Kesler. So it sounds like there is some flexibility there.

Also interesting that IF the deal happens it might involve more pieces from both sides then just Kelser and Sutter, etc.

From the article:

As of Monday afternoon, nothing has changed on the situation– except that the Penguins feel division rival Philadelphia, in addition to defending champion Chicago, is emerging as a top challenger to acquire Kesler.

It seems crazy to me that 'journalists' are able to get away with making statements about how the Penguins feel without providing any direct quotes from someone with the Pens who is qualified to give an indication of where the team stands. It is entirely speculative writing but written as fact.

I think I suggested this a couple of months ago.

To Van:

Crosby

Malkin

To Pittsburgh:

The WHOLE Team

Then call up Utica!

Before someone flames me, yes, I do know there are some issues with that trade!

PIT would be way over the cap, they say no -_-

If the rumours are true about Chicago offering a tremendous package and Gillis not wanting to trade within the conference, I'll be thoroughly pissed. We didn't take the best package for Schneider, ok somewhat understandable to not send him to Edmonton, but not letting Kesler go to Chicago? Are you kidding me?

I would not expect Maatta. They'll need him for a cup drive. Pouliot or picks is more reasonable. But if picks then we need to start utlizing the draft a bit more effectively. I'd prefer a 2015 1st and 2nd in there to make it easier.

This is the key. We're not getting Maata. With question marks over Letang, he's more valuable to them than Kesler would be. The only way they'll overpay is by trading pieces that are currently not on the roster, so they don't weaken themselves for this playoff run.

MG's wishlist may have changed too, as with the two losses and the injury to Daniel, hopes of still making the playoffs have pretty much gone out the window. Getting a center that can help now shouldn't be an issue

I'm hoping for Pouliot, Bennett, and 1st/Sutter. That would be a solid trade, that would address some organizational weak points. Pouliot and Bennett will be ready to contribute by next season.

I'm hoping for Pouliot, Bennett, and 1st/Sutter. That would be a solid trade, that would address some organizational weak points. Pouliot and Bennett will be ready to contribute by next season.

Make that a 2015 1st and...SOLD!

• Im liking the thought of getting Brandon Sutter you never know he might discover his Sutter terrier side under Torts tutelage and if he does we have a 6-3 Sutter terrier that would do anything to win B)

Sounds like an amazing dream. Saddly none of this generation of Sutters have it in them.

There is no chance that we are getting Olli Maata + for Ryan Kesler, you guys can keep on dreaming. Your guys demands are way too high on a Kesler return, if we just keep holding on to him then there a couple of things that could happen...

Kesler's play could fall off next season, he could leave once his contract is up, or he could get injured. With that being said there are also some positive things that could happen like Kesler going back to 2011 form, more teams trying to acquire him, or better players being offered in return. There is a huge risk in keeping Kesler but there could also be a huge payoff, I personally would rather we trade Kesler now than maybe at the draft. Mike Gillis has made a majority of his bad deals at the draft and history is likely to repeat itself if he waits until the draft once again.

If we're all hard about getting Maatta or Pouliot and don't give a crap about Sutter than why dont we trade EDLER for Maatta straight up, or EDLER for Pouliot and a 1st(2014)? The Pens need defense badly with Letang, and Martin out of their line up. Edler would fill in admirably. We can trade Kesler to CLB for Wennberg, Dubinsky, 1st, 3rd. DONE.

Im not that interested in Maatta tbh...Kids going to be a stud but he is their longterm plan for the backend...Nor am I super interested in Pouliot...Looking at our current defence/d prospects we need to move 1 of our current LHD to make room for our youth...Not just create an even bigger logjam and get backed into another corner with offers

Sutter for the 3rd line has the potential to be what Manny was for us in 11/12 and that is allow the twins to worry more about creating offence and less about defence while Kesler and Sutter can be the shutdown centers again...Also allows Kesler to be alittle more offencive without being the main guy for both and with Richardson on the 4th line that's another guy we can alternate with among the lines

And unless the perfect deal comes I don't move Kesler...and doesn't Dubinsky hate Torts?

Toews for kes straight up! We. Are not giving kes to our arch nemisis without getting something amazing in return!! I rather us trade with detroit anyways! They r in the east, close to his home (I think) and I want NYQUIST!!!!

If they are worried about losing a dman in Maatta for the run, then we can offer them one of ours to replace him, it would be added into the trade. Thing is, we are the ones in a position of power, they either give us what we want or we move on. Pits think they can just offer us their 'booth schroeder' cast-offs and be justified.

I'm sorry, Sutter and Pouliot and a garbage throw-away 1st will NOT CUT IT for Kesler. Give us at least a real bluechip prospect or a very low draft pick or gtfo.

(Its basically Kesler for Pouliot, and he doesn't even play a position we need and its not even their best prospect. Just awful.)

/end of story.

If the rumours are true about Chicago offering a tremendous package and Gillis not wanting to trade within the conference, I'll be thoroughly pissed. We didn't take the best package for Schneider, ok somewhat understandable to not send him to Edmonton, but not letting Kesler go to Chicago? Are you kidding me?

I barely like to hear the word 'package'. It implies a bunch of somewhat valuable assets instead of one top notch piece.

I think I suggested this a couple of months ago.

To Van:

Crosby

Malkin

To Pittsburgh:

The WHOLE Team

Then call up Utica!

Before someone flames me, yes, I do know there are some issues with that trade!

haha well this cracked me up. yeah everyone except for juice and lack (because of their interview skills)

Toews for kes straight up! We. Are not giving kes to our arch nemisis without getting something amazing in return!! I rather us trade with detroit anyways! They r in the east, close to his home (I think) and I want NYQUIST!!!!

Lawl. I wish

I'm not buying this line of thinking that Maata is unavailable because the Pens will need him for their playoff run.

First of all, Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, Scuderi and even Despres (as well as Letang of course before his injury) have all been seeing more ice time than Maata (in Despes' case, per game). Maata is a great young player, but at 19, their playoff run does not depend on Maata. Moreover, in addition to those guys they have Bortuzzo (over 15 minutes a game) and Engelland (over 13).

Martin is probably going to miss a few more weeks, but regardless, the story that Maata is more important to their run than adding Kesler at this point is pretty bit far fetched.

Kesler and Diaz

Maata, Sutter, 1st/Bennett, DuMoulin.

Demanding a kings randsom isn't going to happen folks.

If the rumored PHI deal has some truth to it i.e. Simmonds (or possibly Schenn if PHI is willing to pay)/Laughton/1st that is a good deal (3 pieces of high value) that addresses both short term and long term needs.

Whatever holes are left will have to be shored up through other trades/signings, but I like the above deal.

Archived