The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Edler is NOT Willing to Waive His No Trade Clause - Will Remain with Canucks Indefinately

Edler looks so mentally checked out to me. He's a shell of his former self.

He use to be a physical presence. Haven't seen him flatten anyone in a long time.

Not to mention his shot is a tad wayward. Only guy I have ever seen get a delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass behind the goalie from his own blue line.

Something needs to happen to get him back on track. So much wasted potential there.

Edler looks so mentally checked out to me. He's a shell of his former self.

He use to be a physical presence. Haven't seen him flatten anyone in a long time.

Not to mention his shot is a tad wayward. Only guy I have ever seen get a delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass behind the goalie from his own blue line.

Something needs to happen to get him back on track. So much wasted potential there.

I think hes on the upswing again. Hes been a lot better lately in my opinion.

I don't blame Edler on this. I believe the only way around this is to have a new GM come in and start requesting some of the players with these clauses (which would include the vast majority of the team) to waive them, as it was Micheal Gillis that gave the NTC/NMC's out in good faith.

The new GM would have no ties to these and I believe if he explains that the team is moving in a different direction it would be less volatile.

Offensive failures like the Sedins, David "4.5Million Bible" Booth and Burrows haven't scored a single goal in 2014 ,

Guys like -25 Alex "Billy Charlebois" Edler

Get rid of those 5 blackholes and free up close to 30 million in cap, go out and get some stud ufa's that can be a real first line and not the leagues biggest joke.

Sorry Boys but we negotiated those contracts under the fact that you could produce outside of post game excuses.

You're waiving them in the offseason and out of here.

Offensive failures like the Sedins, David "4.5Million Bible" Booth and Burrows haven't scored a single goal in 2014 ,

Guys like -25 Alex "Billy Charlebois" Edler

Get rid of those 5 blackholes and free up close to 30 million in cap, go out and get some stud ufa's that can be a real first line and not the leagues biggest joke.

Sorry Boys but we negotiated those contracts under the fact that you could produce outside of post game excuses.

You're waiving them in the offseason and out of here.

You're delusional if you think any of that is happening

https://mobile.twitt...302132365328385

Dan Murphy - Sportsnet

@sportsnetmurph

Alex Edler told me you don't sign a 6-year deal with a NTC so you can leave town shortly after #canucks Don't think he'd waive.

so what if that where true... edler could still change his mind at the last second...that quote is not conclusive enough to saying edler is a canuck for as long as we can remember... give edler a couple of more years under torts and with out a solid partner a career minus player with torts new system...I don't think people really knew just how valuable salo was to the team.... injury prone but dang he made things work at the back end when he played... and you say don't think he'd waive.. is a far cry from he won't wave....just saying...

Ha! Our bast dman is a toss up between Tanev and Hamhuis. If Edler was our best dman he wouldn't need to be bailed out every other shift

Yea that's why there was 10 teams after him and our management gave him more cash than any of the other dman ?

But no... u know better. Edler is amazing.

He was crushing team canada too in the gold medal game. They couldn't get anything by him and we're on their heels when he was on the ice.

Says common sense?

We have one more buyout this summer. Who else would we use it on?

I don't think we are contender's next year. Why not just wait out his last year and not embarass yourself by asking Aqualini to write a cheque for Booth.

Gives our young guns not Corrado and maybe Jensen another year to develop. Shink will need another year before coming up after his injury. Give Gaunce a year in Utica, is he eligible next year?

Since when is 28 young?

Didn't know 28 was retiring age for an NHLer.

28 isn't that young and it isn't old either. It is the age where the players are still in their prime. Edler has at least 6 years left of playing in his prime. That is also the same length as his contract.

It was only a reported rumour, but at last years draft apparently Carolina offered us our 1st round pick for Edler since his NTC hadnt kicked in yet. Gillis should have jumped all over that and drafted Monohan. And im not just saying that because he has been good this year, I mentioned it on draft day as well because he has the tools to become a very good player in this league. We would have walked away with Monohan, Horvat and Hunter and lost Schnieder and Edler.

Would have been a great start towards a re-tooling but staying at a competitive level.

It was only a reported rumour, but at last years draft apparently Carolina offered us our 1st round pick for Edler since his NTC hadnt kicked in yet. Gillis should have jumped all over that and drafted Monohan. And im not just saying that because he has been good this year, I mentioned it on draft day as well because he has the tools to become a very good player in this league. We would have walked away with Monohan, Horvat and Hunter and lost Schnieder and Edler.

Would have been a great start towards a re-tooling but staying at a competitive level.

Exactly what I wanted, well at least after I knew we weren't getting Bobby Ryan. Would have taken the 7th from Oil, 10th from Dallas, or 11th from Philly. All teams interested in a big D-man. If im getting 2 picks, and one of em is Bo/Monohan, Im taking Nichushkin over the other. Nuke-Kes-Kassian, Slot in Monohan/Bo when Kes goes..sweeet.

Probably get something + too from the 7th and on. Klefbom? nice lil addition.

Now that's a ******* re-tool on the fly. Not this mess that we ended up with.

Archived