The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you think of Jensen's NIght?

Keccles

I thought he played pretty well. Maybe a little nervous, but anyone would be.

I'm betting he'll score before he's sent back down

Great game from Nick, the effort and skill is there. I enjoyed seeing Kesler giving the kid a pat on the back after a missed opportunity, shows good leadership from Ryan that these young kids are going to need as we do our youth movement over the next couple seasons.

Always been a big fan of Jensen since we drafted him, it's good to see him get the call when the opportunity arises. Kid could've had a hat trick tonight!

One thing though that bugs me is Torts won't play Kassian in a top six role till he's "earned" it, and although I am a big fan of Nicks, I just don't see how, after going 20 some games with no goals( I think?) in the A, to catching fire a bit, can earn him a spot playing with Kesler in his first game.

I know Kass is suspended and gets the odd opportunity with Kesler but not a gift to slot right into the 2nd line. Happy for him, and if I were coach I would've done the same, just don't see where the hesitation towards Kassian is coming from.

Good game Nick! Look forward to the next couple games and seeing how you do, and hoping you can stick with the big club, although very unlikely with Burrows, Kassian and Hansen ahead on the depth chart, and no, you don't keep a talent like Jensens up to play 4th line minutes.

Some good offensive chances, love how he isn't afraid to stand in front of the net, he had some really good score chances. He is a little sketchy on the defensive side but i think that's just the nerves. Excited to see what he can do next game; hopefully he gets a goal

Had some jump but didn't see enough of him to make an accurate opinion. Torts will never give him the ice time he needs to succeed. He's wasting his time in the NHL.

You're confusing Torts with AV.

Torts is the guy who actually plays young players if they are ready.

AV was the guy stapling guys to the bench after 1 shift.

Keep him up! He looks timid, but sheltering him in the minors will only make him more vulnerable to pressure when he's 24/25 and JUST entering his rookie season

He'll only grow more confident playing up and getting to know the guys in the locker-room. He has the skillset, the only thing holding him back now is confidence.

You're confusing Torts with AV.

Torts is the guy who actually plays young players if they are ready.

AV was the guy stapling guys to the bench after 1 shift.

He had a few giveaways in the second that I thought would have led to him getting benched.

Instead Torts puts him out there with Henrik and Burrows. AV never would have done that.

He looks like an NHL player. Combination of speed and size made him noticeable.

If he buried that first chance we would be over the moon in terms of his first game performance.

I am excited to see what he can do but he probably isn't quite there yet.

Love watching that kid play! Torts gave a good evaluation in the presser afterwards. I noticed a couple turn overs including the pass intended to higgins that was behind him but that expected for his first NHL game of the year.

I think he looked quick, motivated and skilled. once he settles in and gets some experience i can see him becoming a solid NHLer someday.

... but it seems like lots of the young players i like, namely Hodgson and Grabner, get traded away for plugs... so i take it back I hate Jensen he sucks...DON'T TOUCH HIM GILLIS OR WE'RE FIGHTING! :angry:

Didn't notice him in a positive way. Some players you don't notice, for example Chris Tanev.

I thought he played ok, in the 3rd. Had some jump, I think that was the Kesler effect. Almost scored his 1st, in a tight checking game like this, kinda remarkable. Tough game to play your 1st nhl game of the season in, against a bunch of goons.

Although I didn't notice him that much, He played a million times better then the way he did last year, in his 2 games with the Canucks. Totally different player.

Aside from his miss on the wide open net, I didn't really notice him much.

Haha. I was watching the game at the gym and saw someone miss 2 feet wide on a wide open shot and I was thinking I hope that wasn't Jensen. Then the camera panned to him on the bench, lol.

Had some jump but didn't see enough of him to make an accurate opinion. Torts will never give him the ice time he needs to succeed. He's wasting his time in the NHL.

the game tonight is proof of how much people think they know about Torts and Rookies he played 16:18 and was playing with both Kesler and Hank

any preconceived notions that Torts doesn't like playing rookies should be put to rest also the fact he played a rookie goalie over a veteran goalie 3 games in a row

he got 16+ minutes tonight but i agree fire torts

Please keep this KID in the lineup with Kesler, please get rid of Sesitslow, please stop playing Hansen in top 6 and please light a fire under Higgins ass- so inconsistent. Keep Kassian with Hank and Burr. Mattias, Hansen and Shroeder should be the third line and Lain, Dalpe and Archie your 4th

Love watching that kid play! Torts gave a good evaluation in the presser afterwards. I noticed a couple turn overs including the pass intended to higgins that was behind him but that expected for his first NHL game of the year.

I think he looked quick, motivated and skilled. once he settles in and gets some experience i can see him becoming a solid NHLer someday.

... but it seems like lots of the young players i like, namely Hodgson and Grabner, get traded away for plugs... so i take it back I hate Jensen he sucks...DON'T TOUCH HIM GILLIS OR WE'RE FIGHTING! :angry:

Wow Torts, Unlike Jensen you will not be a solid NHL coach someday, go back to broadcasting your terrible!

His play was solid overall, nothing too flashy. Had a golden opportunity for a tap in with a nice feed from Hansen, too bad it got broken up. Would have been cool to see a Dane assisting on his first goal.

Which is also confusing, cuz Hansen and Jensen are both RW, I know that played happened in the middle of a line change. Was Jensen playing LW tonight?

Archived