The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Frozen Moment

Brendan Gaunce

organization moved a guy like lapierre and torres to fix our reputation and then they went ahead and hired the most hated coach currently in sports. Or at least north American sports.

Can't say I blame the NHL. The guy is disrespectful

organization moved a guy like lapierre and torres to fix our reputation and then they went ahead and hired the most hated coach currently in sports. Or at least north American sports.

Can't say I blame the NHL. The guy is disrespectful

How has he been disrespectful at all this year...

I find it's inconsistent and sends mixed messages.

It isn't something they should now be using in a promotional way, but it's the NHL and those clowns don't seem to have a clue. An embarrassment.

I mean, I find it funny but I'm not sure they should.

The caption says "John Tortorella of the Vancouver Canucks coaches against the Winnipeg Jets at MTS Centre on March 12, 2014 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.".

Of all the pictures of him coaching, they just had to pick that one.

They might as well start putting headshots in their frozen moments as long as they're putting suspendable offences in there.

How has he been disrespectful at all this year...

Wait are you being sarcastic?

if so my bad

if not... Ummm he's the first coach I've ever seen in my life to get suspended for 6 games... absolutely shot the team in the foot and lead to a abysmal run of play which put us out of the playoff race? Or is it normal for coaches to get suspended for 15 days

if not... Ummm he's the first coach I've ever seen in my life to get suspended for 6 games...

Don Perry was suspended for 8 games.

Also, do you really think the current people handing out NHL suspensions have any standards or put some thought into their decisions? Roy goes crazy on public TV and almost breaks down the barrier between benches. But, that apparently isn't an embarrassment to the league and worthy of a suspension. Yet, Torts gets it for yelling outside the Flames locker room.

if so my bad

if not... Ummm he's the first coach I've ever seen in my life to get suspended for 6 games... absolutely shot the team in the foot and lead to a abysmal run of play which put us out of the playoff race? Or is it normal for coaches to get suspended for 15 days

Torts did what he had to do...I admit he hasn't been the greatest coach, but he's tried to work with what he has and he has a real love for the game

if so my bad

Lol you must be pretty new to the NHL crowd

if so my bad

Houston, we have a Homer.

if so my bad

I'd say he had a reason to do that, but obviously it wasn't the best way to handle it.

Other than that ??????????????????

Did I say hating? They go and suspend him because he is an embarrassment apparently and then they just display the whole incident again on their home page..

How is that the same incident? It's an unrelated picture of someone holding up a Torts cut out next to Torts behind the bench?

The hate is strong in you...

I like how everyone is noticing the torts part and totally misses the fact they picked burrows as third star. They also put burrows in the video center for one of his goals just the third time this year the canucks have made it on there.

"People see what they want to see".

EDITED for grammar

Archived