The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] |March 14 - Vancouver @ Washington - 4PM|

Drouin

Ugh, hate 4:00 starts....miss too much (although I listen like a maniac on the drive home from work)

Come on boys, keep the momentum rolling. Go down swinging.

Burr got things rolling, time to follow that lead. I'm calling 3-2 Canucks. Goals from Hammer, Burr (why not) and Hank.

in the wise words of one of the best bands of the 2000s...

Ovechkin is proof that the crowd is all about the offensive numbers.

Most overlook that he is a -27 and as defensively aware as a baboon on skates.

People also overlook the fact that he has a lot of ice time on a team without a legit starting goalie and a crappy defensive pair. I think his -27 is a little overblown, just another example of how +/- isn't the greatest stat.

I'm not in with the rest of you wankers "tankers" that want the team to lose,
I want to see this team win, probably more for them then me.
I have been and always will be a fan for life, good or bad.....
GL CANUCKS WIN!!!
go_canucks_go-4163.gif

100% how I feel. GO CANUCKS GO

Don't wanna tank

Or listen to the wank

Get all the tank wankers

To walk the plank

Go Vanc

(ouver)

Like that?

People also overlook the fact that he has a lot of ice time on a team without a legit starting goalie and a crappy defensive pair. I think his -27 is a little overblown, just another example of how +/- isn't the greatest stat.

- Ovechkin averages 20:49 minutes a game. (Kesler: 22:08 / Daniel 21:14 / Henrik 21:04)

- Ovechkin's ice time is only inflated on the PP he averages 5:09 a game. #2 is Malkin at 4:20.

The team is a -9 sitting 3 points out of a playoff spot.

Ovechkin is over a PPG.

Even if the defense is poor that is still unreal to have a -27 with all those factors.

I am also speaking from just watching him this season and years past as a fan of one of his rival teams. Ovechkin doesn't help the defense or his goalie at all and if anything helps give up high scoring chances. Some Caps fans themselves will even joke and say he doesn't play bad defense he just doesn't play defense.

SKIP TO 0:43 IN THE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUX55aFf4TI

Extreme example of course but that is the way AO is prone to being on defense. Lazy and just doesn't bother. If I was confident about anything in hockey it's that AO is as bad defensively as he is good offensively.

Anyone know if the new guy we just signed Mike Zalewski will be playing tn? It said he's joining the canucks for the road trip.

Also I predict Kassian and Jensen will have good chemistry if they ever get on a line together (Kass Schroeder Jensen please)

Archived