The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] |March 14 - Vancouver @ Washington - 4PM|

Drouin

so your ok with a 15th overall pick then rather then like a 7th or 8th pick? Please don't tell me you think they have a chance a Stanley cup, Kesler and Daniel Sedin is gone for the year. I actually rather see them go like this, then to see them get sweeped. It's so much more painful and we are stuck with a mid teens pick.

You know what, it doesn’t matter what place you finish in playoffs or even what the odds are against us winning, the excitement leading up to and playing the playoff games it what hockey is all about.

I would take the excitement of the canucks tying the flames in game 7 with 5 seconds left and losing over missing and getting a high draft pick any day.

To anyone that wants to lose

What makes the playoffs so exciting?

The fact that anyone can win.

What’s the most exciting time in hockey?

Game 7 overtime, playoff hockey would be boring if 1 team would run away with the cup every year. You need those close do or die games, where a lucky bounce, blocked shot, second effort, gets a team a win. If you are ok with missing out on that might I suggest a different sport.

The odds of us picking top 5 are as low as us making playoffs. So please tell me, has the 16th overall picked player in the draft ever turned out to be better than the 6th overall picked. How often has the 7th overall picked player become the 7th best player to come out of the draft year?

The kids are 18 years of age and all playing in different leagues, with different levels of competition and at different level of physical development. To pick the exact order what each kid is going to achieve and amount to in 4-10 years it’s not going to happen. Especially within the range of 5-20 of the world’s top 800 kids. Picking 7th does not guarantee this team more success than picking 17th . Our scouting might have a player rated 7th overall and he might fall to 17th or get picked earlier. Benn and Bergeron being both picked in the 2nd round is an example of how accurate drafting is.

And if that’s the case, I’ll take cheering a team on, even if it is just for four games, over mailing it in at the end of the season and missing playoffs.

Archived