The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks fall short, again..

MatthiasScores

I feel bad for the rookie Lack. This could destroy him.

They really need to give Markstrom some games so that they can share the pressure. That's the only right way to do a young goalie tandem.

Don't tell me Markstrom isn't ready if he was supposed to be the key piece in a Luongo trade. Lets see what this guy has got and if he can be our future number 1. I don't see him giving more than 4. Time to give Eddie a rest.

Where all the Burr haters? lol

And Jensen's a bust yappers?

And Henrik is sucky people?

Lol...amazing what a little youth injected into the lineup can do....

This might actually solve a big part of our problems next year = depth

Burr / Hank / Jensen

Daniel / Horvat / Kelser

Higgins / Santo / Kassian

Matthias / Richardson / Hansen

All we need is Horvat to show he can play, and with Kes and Daniel on his wings, wont be that bad...moreover think of the tutoring

Jensen will learn from Burr and Henrik (smart, positional players)

Horvat from Daniel and Kes (Horvat learns from Kes how to play 2 ways, Daniel how to "hopefully" finish, if gets his game back

Kassian from Higgins and Santo (he needs to learn to work hard/tirelessly/consistently)

I think MG was hoping for this during this season but it didn't happen...regardless I am growing tired of Winnipeg losing and not overtaking us so we can continue to position for a better pick!!!

If coyotes lose tonight

If Dallas loses tmrw

Then all of a sudden we get another shot on Wednesday to get within a point :towel:

Coyotes kings 0-0 right now

Dallas peguins game tmrw.

Jets vs blues 2-1 right now for blues

?????? your not kidding me right??????? if it was the 2008 Canucks ok fine. everyone is healthy no injuries, we can upset the Wings maybe if Luongo showed up like the 07 Luongo... go for the 8th place.

this is not the case right now....we have no Kesler, Daneil Sedin, Santorelli (Mr.Clutch) and a proven goalie. We will go into round 1 and probably lose in 3 games. It won't be close. We are better off going for a higher pick, such as 6 or 7 at this point. I think we will be in position to draft whatever we need, either a dman a winger or a centerman, this draft is pretty wide open, and drafting between 6-8, we are still drafting literally the 2nd tier players of the draft, and after that, from like 12 and the draft will weaken big time. So yes, we should position ourselves to take advantage of this bad season and draft high.

?????? your not kidding me right??????? if it was the 2008 Canucks ok fine. everyone is healthy no injuries, we can upset the Wings maybe if Luongo showed up like the 07 Luongo... go for the 8th place.

this is not the case right now....we have no Kesler, Daneil Sedin, Santorelli (Mr.Clutch) and a proven goalie. We will go into round 1 and probably lose in 3 games. It won't be close. We are better off going for a higher pick, such as 6 or 7 at this point. I think we will be in position to draft whatever we need, either a dman a winger or a centerman, this draft is pretty wide open, and drafting between 6-8, we are still drafting literally the 2nd tier players of the draft, and after that, from like 12 and the draft will weaken big time. So yes, we should position ourselves to take advantage of this bad season and draft high.

How do you lose in 3 games?

Another loss, but another 3 goals scored by the team! I think it's better than where we were last year: coasting on the last puffs of steam from 2011 and squeaking by with 1-2 goals per game.

Playoffs don't look likely right now. Too many mistakes without the puck. I kind of think it'd be better not making it this year so we can dump Booth ASAP and use that 4-mill cap space he's been hogging to better use.

Nicklas Jensen continuing to contribute! Just a deflection off Burrows for an assist tonight, but he's looking great! Anyone who followed him in Utica understands how well timed this call-up was. Hope to see Gaunce and Horvat in blue and green soon!

I hope Markstrom gets the next start. Lack has been alright but it looks like he could use a game off, our playoff hopes are basically gone, and I'd really like to see what Markstroms got.

He won't play and for everyone else asking it's been known he won't play till there's no chance at the playoffs. Which there is so lack is the man with torts

Now that the offense is getting things rolling and looking good, the really issue with this team is apparent.

The defense is the Achilles heel of this team. The present makeup is woefully inadequate and has been for a couple of years. Until that's sorted out.....

Just play Markstrom, we aren't a playoff team, Lack needs a break, Markstrom has played before we need to stop coddling him and give him a game. Geez.

Lack looks "off", he needs a break. 2 goals weren't his fault, Stanton had a bad case of Edler Syndrome. But Lack looks like he's not the same.

Just play Markstrom, we aren't a playoff team, Lack needs a break, Markstrom has played before we need to stop coddling him and give him a game. Geez.

Lack looks "off", he needs a break. 2 goals weren't his fault, Stanton had a bad case of Edler Syndrome. But Lack looks like he's not the same.

i get him taking a game off but dont you want the kid to get as many games as possible under his belt ? that expierence is needed no ?

They really need to give Markstrom some games so that they can share the pressure. That's the only right way to do a young goalie tandem.

Don't tell me Markstrom isn't ready if he was supposed to be the key piece in a Luongo trade. Lets see what this guy has got and if he can be our future number 1. I don't see him giving more than 4. Time to give Eddie a rest.

Agree. Not sure what they are thinking. Very scary.

Agree. Double post

Archived