The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks fall short, again..

MatthiasScores

I agree, but I thinks torts is using what has. The torts thing vs Calgary was sad, but he tried to spark his team. As for not playing Lou for the HC, he was following orders. I am curious. How he responds with youth in the lineup. I am more worried the GM office will do stupid things to this team.

From what I've read, it was completely Torts decision to start Lack ahead of Luongo, and that was the trigger for the trade. Even Luongo was not expecting it, and then Tallon was mentioning how they hadn't begun talking until after the Heritage Classic. At the time it didn't seem like a trade was imminent, and it still stands as a stupid decision to not start Lu in that game.

The decision was a catalyst, but either way it seemed that Luongo was as good as gone in the off-season as many had speculated. And with his new agents and Floridas new owners, something was bound to happen I think.

I'm not making claims here, but the team does not seem to be playing for Torts. His aggressive sort of approach has brought out more bad than good in players (Edler for example) and him continuing to bury Kassian in the bottom 6 has been puzzling too (although I'll commend him for giving Jensen a lot of ice-time). I really thought whole Calgary outburst turned off a lot of the players.. seemed to decline from there.

I'm not saying Torts is a bad coach either, I just don't think he's the one you want for a re-build. I think this season has been too messy to start over with Torts, need a whole new approach. And I for one am really not buying into his whole terrible chip and chase sort of system, when we clearly do not carry the right personnel for his sort of style. Clearly it hasn't worked out too well for the most part of the season, as well as the players not buying into it. Doesn't seem like any glaring adjustments have been made either more suitable to our roster.

Just play Markstrom, we aren't a playoff team, Lack needs a break, Markstrom has played before we need to stop coddling him and give him a game. Geez.

Lack looks "off", he needs a break. 2 goals weren't his fault, Stanton had a bad case of Edler Syndrome. But Lack looks like he's not the same.

Three goals weren't his fault. Stamkos snipe from point blank and two off his own d man. Same problem with this team as always, the goalie has to be perfect or they can't win. The D zone coverage is disjointed and inconsistent. Very hard to play goalie in that environment,

3-2 LA going into the third. They're still destroying Phoenix. A win today would have been huge.

yep, our loss lowered our chances 1.7%, now down to 1.3% chance to make the playoffs

Phoenix's win brought them up 13.5% and they are now at 53.8% to make the playoffs

massive swing

Not a good game by Lack,but I'm not going to rag on him..he's been a bright light this season..Excited by Jensen ..how can you not be..He fits in well with Hank and Burr..Kind of makes you wonder what line Daniel will be on when he comes back.

It's not Lack's fault...that he's had to start 11 games straight... & play in a back to back situation on the road...'cuz Tortorella & crew don't trust the back-up goalie Markstrom, yet. The kid is likely tiring...I mean...come on!

A regular NHL starter with experience...who's used to such things during a regular season, not this condensed-schedule - would even be taxed. The shot-blocking mayhem infront of him either deflects pucks behind him...screens him...or puts defensemen out-of-the-play as they fall & often interfere with Lack's movement in the crease. As a rookie goaltender...Lack deserves our sympathies & support.

Lack's NOT always being afforded the best odds to succeed. I think that's on the GM...the coaching staff...& at time some of his teammates.

It's not Lack's fault...that he's had to start 11 games straight... & play in a back to back situation on a the road...'cuz Tortorella & crew don't trust their, back-up goalie Markstrom, to take on any signifigant minutes, yet. The kid is likely tiring...I mean...come on!

A regular NHL starter with experience...who is used to such things during a regular season, not this condensed-schedule - would be taxed. The shot-blocking mayhem infront of him either deflects pucks behind him...screens him...or takes defensemen out-of-the-play as they flop down & often interfere with his movement across the crease. I think Lack, as a rookie goaltende,...deserves our sympathies & support.

Lack's clearly NOT being given the best odds to succeed right now...& that's on the GM, Tortorella & the rest of the coaching staff.

I wonder if any of the other teams use the shot blocking excuse for injuries or losses.From what i've seen a lot of the other teams shot block and in alot of cases far more than the Canucks.

All the people complaining that bringing Jensen onto the big team would halt his scoring streak and destroy his confidence, sure were wrong. The kid is playing amazing. So glad he is showing some serious potential to score goals at the NHL level. This is going to skyrocket his confidence whether we win or lose.

This is the last warning about trolling, then you're gone.

Not in the mood.

(Re: pic of Bieksa choosing golf club)

He may very well be trolling, but I think this is more a case of "the truth hurts".

I am a fan, but found it both funny and apropos.

4-3 coyotes

Screw this how the hell does quick play like sh*t the only god dam game we need him to play good? A sign from the hockey gods. I'm on the draft pick bandwagon

Kings played good too

Coyotes play peguins, bruins and rangers coming up so they will slip a bit

Playoffs this year. Quote me

LOLs, yes, there will be playoffs this year my friend..... Yes my friend.. the playoffs will start in Early April :) Draft lottery comes shortly before the 1st game, with the Canucks in on it. :bigblush:

LOLs, yes, there will be playoffs this year my friend..... Yes my friend.. the playoffs will start in Early April :) Draft lottery comes shortly before the 1st game, with the Canucks in on it. :bigblush:

LOL true that. But wow coyotes have tough tough teams coming up I see them winning 1 out of there next 4 or 5. Dallas I see winning maybe 2 out of there next 6. We are talking about teams like Boston , peguins , hawks. We do have a chance man IF we freaking win, because I see the coyotes and stars playing 500 hockey the rest of the year so 9-2 would do it. But damn we play ducks and kings....

From what I've read, it was completely Torts decision to start Lack ahead of Luongo, and that was the trigger for the trade. Even Luongo was not expecting it, and then Tallon was mentioning how they hadn't begun talking until after the Heritage Classic. At the time it didn't seem like a trade was imminent, and it still stands as a stupid decision to not start Lu in that game.

The decision was a catalyst, but either way it seemed that Luongo was as good as gone in the off-season as many had speculated. And with his new agents and Floridas new owners, something was bound to happen I think.

I'm not making claims here, but the team does not seem to be playing for Torts. His aggressive sort of approach has brought out more bad than good in players (Edler for example) and him continuing to bury Kassian in the bottom 6 has been puzzling too (although I'll commend him for giving Jensen a lot of ice-time). I really thought whole Calgary outburst turned off a lot of the players.. seemed to decline from there.

I'm not saying Torts is a bad coach either, I just don't think he's the one you want for a re-build. I think this season has been too messy to start over with Torts, need a whole new approach. And I for one am really not buying into his whole terrible chip and chase sort of system, when we clearly do not carry the right personnel for his sort of style. Clearly it hasn't worked out too well for the most part of the season, as well as the players not buying into it. Doesn't seem like any glaring adjustments have been made either more suitable to our roster.

You're right from what I've heard/read....Lu said after he came back from the Olympics things were different. I believe a deal was being discussed for some time and was going to happen post season...this stuff doesn't get done overnight and because someone's in a huff over something. That expedited it, that's all. But the Panthers new ownership and $$ now meant they could go after Lu and planned on it.

When Lu didn't play his agent made the call and it was pushed up but it was inevitably going to happen regardless...just at a later date when they could hammer something out. The decision wasn't BECAUSE he didn't play, it happened a lot quicker because he didn't play from what I understand.

All the people complaining that bringing Jensen onto the big team would halt his scoring streak and destroy his confidence, sure were wrong. The kid is playing amazing. So glad he is showing some serious potential to score goals at the NHL level. This is going to skyrocket his confidence whether we win or lose.

Send Yensen back to Utica for their playoff drive. He has more to gain in playoffs there than playing

the string out on a losing team. Canucks can tank the rest of the season with those that brought them

there. It can be a good study of character in the process. The vets on this team should realize by now

that next fall there will be a lot of young guys looking to bump them out. Surprisingly Booth by his

effort has got the message. Some have not.

(Re: pic of Bieksa choosing golf club)

He may very well be trolling, but I think this is more a case of "the truth hurts".

I am a fan, but found it both funny and apropos.

It's been an ongoing theme...it wasn't the pic, that was the straw.

Send Yensen back to Utica for their playoff drive. He has more to gain in playoffs there than playing

the string out on a losing team. Canucks can tank the rest of the season with those that brought them

there. It can be a good study of character in the process. The vets on this team should realize by now

that next fall there will be a lot of young guys looking to bump them out. Surprisingly Booth by his

effort has got the message. Some have not.

This team is NOT going to "tank"

Bieksa, Burrows, Henrik and Jensen won't let it happen.

Does this look like a guy that will "tank"

InferiorEssentialIberiannase.gif

Archived