The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks fall short, again..

MatthiasScores

You know what, seeing what Jensen has done here over a few short games leaves me feeling excited about what our team could look like next season.

Jensen and Horvat alone next season will be exciting enough. Add to this another one or two young prospects from any Kesler and Edler deals, get an experience back up goalie and fix the defence and suddenly I feel more positive about this team.

And the icing on the cake is that if we do this right (lose enough of our remaining games), a top 7 draft pick this summer will have made this short term pain worth it.

This is the last warning about trolling, then you're gone.

Not in the mood.

we aren't making the playoffs, that's just the reality of things

better to make light of it rather than get pissed off about it, nothing is going to change it now

Anyone else agree that if/when Danny comes back this season Van should still keep the Burrows/Henrik/Jensen line together?

When the team's healthy, all they really needed was a RW with Jensen's skillset.

C'est la vie.

Dank Hank Jensen

Burr Kesler Santorelli

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Booth Matthias Kassian

Not bad considering what they'll be able to add/subtract (B:) in the offseason.

Beast fourth line that can handle minutes and take some/a lot of weigth off.

How many goals have gone in off our D this year? I get it can happen, but when it's happening this often, it's time to start looking at how we can prevent it.

Still, there were some positives. Lack played well for the most part. Burrows is back. Bieksa is looking more like himself and being more noticeable. Jensen is proving he can hang with the big boys. And though they still took the 2nd period off the team showed they do still remember how to battle. Now if they could just remember that every period next season....

What Lack wants and what he is capable of doing are different things. That isn't a knock on Lack, he is competitive and that is exactly what you want from a number 1 goalie (the opposite being Bryzgalov). But, as we've seen before with Lu (e.g., not wanting AV to pull him and then getting shelled for seven goals against Detroit), this competitive spirit can be a goalie's downfall. It is the coaches responsibility to read the situation and make decisions regardless of how the goalie feels.

Lack played well against Florida, but he was all over the crease. Couldn't believe how many times he slid out of position. He's going to be tired, and TB is going to score on a PP when they move the puck side to side and Stamkos snipes a one-timer a la OV.

I really like Lack, but I fear the inevitable 'Lack sucks' comments from Jamito and Russian Rocket and others who have trashed Lack in the past. If you don't want your rookie goalie to play poorly, stop putting him in positions where a rookie is destined to fail.

Archived