The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Milan Lucic Calls Alexei Emelin ‘Chicken’ For Low Hit

hsedin33

I know, I watched the game. It was on the back of the knee, more of a slash.

huh? Back of the knee? The knee is located where the legs meet? Granted it was hard, but it was a spear to the n@#ts.......I'm not sure how you get the knee

huh? Back of the knee? The knee is located where the legs meet? Granted it was hard, but it was a spear to the n@#ts.......I'm not sure how you get the knee

clearly you missed my illustration of Lucic Anatomy. here's a refresher:

BjlQd4ICYAE8zwD.png

I think Lucic is an example of what's wrong with the NHL today. Players seem to get butt hurt really easily over big clean hits. I remember a time when you take a clean hit and just get up and play again. Not everytime there is a highlight reel hit, it's always followed up with a fight. It's not just Lucic. It's happening everywhere around the league with the new generation of young players. Are kids not taught to take hits anymore growing up?

Was this a Bruins broadcaast? Wake up the beast? With what an elbow from behind the back of the head?

Whatever, the Bruins seem to whine alot when they are on the receiving and of clean hard hockey.

No, it was Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire and it was clearly an NBC broadcast. If it was the Bruins broadcast, you'd here some idiot yelling his head off for no reason with homerism for one team like you've never seen before and the broadcast would be NESN.

I dont have the video. But during the same game, Boychuk tried to hip check Subban but the attempt was very low. Dont see Lucic commenting on that....

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcn574l5No

No, it was Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire and it was clearly an NBC broadcast. If it was the Bruins broadcast, you'd here some idiot yelling his head off for no reason with homerism for one team like you've never seen before and the broadcast would be NESN. You mean this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcn574l5No

Yes, thanks for posting that. The Bruins are the biggest hypocritical bunch in the league.

THAT is a dirty, low hip check. Man these Bruins get away with murder.

Mcquire's comments are priceless, "a shifting scale" like Subban should have got a penalty for that. Wow, I didn't know Mcquire was drinking the Bruin koolaid. That was the correct call, Boychuk deserved a penalty and Subban didn't. Boychuk dropped the gloves and tossed Subban down, was that the correct audio for the video I just watched???? Mcguire needs new glasses...or there needs to be a shifting scale of talent.

Mcquire's comments are priceless, "a shifting scale" like Subban should have got a penalty for that. Wow, I didn't know Mcquire was drinking the Bruin koolaid. That was the correct call, Boychuk deserved a penalty and Subban didn't. Boychuk dropped the gloves and tossed Subban down, was that the correct audio for the video I just watched???? Mcguire needs new glasses...or there needs to be a shifting scale of talent.

I actually had to rewind and re-watch it a 3 times to try and figure out why Mcguire was calling for PK to get a penalty and still couldn't see what they could have called PK for if they did.

Imeant to say behind the knee so others can understand.

To be more specific, to me it looked like Lucic slashed Emelin around his popliteal fossa, which has the sciatic nerve around it. Therfore, lucic's stick connected with Emelins nerve causing him to go down in pain.

Anyways, that's what i saw yesterday.

Edit: saw a vid of it looks like he slashed and speared emelin, so yeah...

Archived