The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANUCKS - RANGERS 7PM TUESDAY APRIL 1ST

Alex the Great

Lack has played less than 40 games. I don't know how anyone can say he's the future already.

Experience is one thing, but this is ridiculous playing him this many games in a row. Even the best veteran goalies need a rest.

well you just said markstrom is our future ..... so why cant people say lack is our future?? go look at how many games ben bishop , anti niemi and many many other goalies played before they were the clear cut starters.. jimmy howard played 5 games over 3 seasons before he was given the starting job..5 games!!! quick 45 games before he was the clear cut starter.. the list goes on and on ... when the off season comes and we have more cap room because for the first time in years we have a cheap goalie who is more than capable to win games, and we can go out and add real pieces to the team and not just 3rd and 4th liners you will be happy.....unless your like the TSNers who think we should go after halak and dump that new cap space on him...

Right, and what is Markstrom, just a bench warmer? We all know how good management is at handling goalie situations.

Markstrom has the potential to be an elite number 1. Lack is a good young goalie, but I don't see a goalie that can steal games.

Give Markstrom some games.

Completely agree. Markstrom has a much higher ceiling than Lack and this is just ridiculous. Even if the Canucks did make the playoffs then you would have a goalie who had just played 20 straight games as your #1. Dead tired and would perform poorly.

That's why I think it's stupid to play without a stick - you break it - go get another one cause you're pretty much useless anyways - and handing your stick off to the person that doesn't have one is also stupid as there's only a 10% chance that your stick will actually help the person you gave it to - hence, now instead of down 1 player you are down 2.

Torts is going with the goalie that has shown the ability to win games he knows nothing about Markstrom probably won't see him until they are mathematically eliminated which i think is after a NYR win

I still see that as horrible player management, but it doesn't really matter at this point.

Lack has shown many times this season the ability to steal games with 0 goal support lots of 1-0 games

True. But he's had some stinkers too.

So we really don't know what we have with him.

My point is, why not see what we have with both goalies and give them both some games. The games don't matter now anyways.

at this rate Edler is worth about a 2nd round pick.....thats all. All you on here have him way overvalued. Nothing to show thats hes worth a player, a prospect and a pick. Dud is what he is. He will never be good here, he needs to move for his career and fro the better of our team.

Archived