The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

"If you're gonna hoot with the owls, run with the dogs"

?

- Moj (on Bautista)

was that a put down..probably coming from that talentless hack...cant stand the guy..the only reason he is in radio is to get his free trips to the Super Bowl every year.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

The same people in here on the jays bandwagon probably hate the city of toronto and talk trash about them. No province talks more about toronto than vancouver. Massive inferiority complex. This win is for torontonians. They deserve a winning team and they got it. Congrats to them.

Actually, no.

And it's silly to think you can disqualify some from celebrating this win. Regardless of how people feel about Toronto (spurred mostly by the endless Leaf talk that bombards the networks), the more the merrier applies in sports. And there are no "rights" to this team, other than those cheering from home across the country are also part of it.

Ownership issues and an unwillingness to share often signify underlying insecurities in my view. Why would someone want to cloud something joyous with negativity? Woooo Bluejays!!!

Actually, no.

And it's silly to think you can disqualify some from celebrating this win. Regardless of how people feel about Toronto (spurred mostly by the endless Leaf talk that bombards the networks), the more the merrier applies in sports. And there are no "rights" to this team, other than those cheering from home are part of it.

Ownership issues and an unwillingness to share often signify underlying insecurities in my view. Why would someone want to cloud something joyous with negativity? Woooo Bluejays!!!

Well its true. British columbians have a strange hatred for toronto. It's an obsession. I grew up there and know it. The bc media gets into it too. I guess they are part time toronto haters after tonight?

was that a put down..probably coming from that talentless hack...cant stand the guy..the only reason he is in radio is to get his free trips to the Super Bowl every year.

Yep, he was talking about "attitude" when he spewed out that gem

Well its true. British columbians have a strange hatred for toronto. It's an obsession. I grew up there and know it. The bc media gets into it too. I guess they are part time toronto haters after tonight?

you confuse hate for the Maple Leafs which is true in BC and other places since we had to get it force fed down our throats every Saturday for decades

this isn't hate for the city

Have you ever seen a movie trailer on TV so many times that you never want to see the movie?

That's what it's like having to deal with Eastern media in BC.

One of the most exciting baseball game I ever watched. The other was Jie carter walk off HR, the other was Gibson for Dodgers v Athletics.

This one was right up there,my all time favorites are the 1980 NLCS Phillies over the Asrtos and 1991 WS Kirby Puckett (R.I.P. ) taking the twins on his back with a game saving catch and walk off homer to send it to 7and the championship.

and the catch

The same people in here on the jays bandwagon probably hate the city of toronto and talk trash about them. No province talks more about toronto than vancouver. Massive inferiority complex. This win is for torontonians. They deserve a winning team and they got it. Congrats to them.

Or we're fans of good Vancouver Canadians boys gettin'er done in the bigs. Where would the Jays be without Stroman, Osuna, Pillar and Sanchez?

• Upvote 3

I'd prefer a gritty win, but I'll take a sleep inducing one if need be. I'm really not picky.

... and sometimes you get a win where gritty isn't even enough to win it.

I didn't enjoy seeing the fans trash the field, but I don't blame them. If anything that excessive energy played a big part in energizing the Jays, and absolutely shaking the Rangers. They came out of that half inning with the wrong mindset, and loaded the bases with three errors. Andrus was as important as Bautista in the Rangers losing.

I still haven't really calmed down after that.

@That guy who wants to take away this win from people here, have you ever been to a Jays game in Seattle? Fans from West Canada, and primarily Vancouver, turn that event into a home series for Toronto every year. Being a fan is a state of mind, and no guy on the internet is going to take that away from anyone. But believe whatever you want, I guess.

Agreed. Hopefully the Jays don't panic though there's a lot of baseball left in this series.

Finally tracked my post down from 0-2 in the series. Forget the history of how unlikely a comeback is 0-2 in a 5 game series the Jays were always going to make this an interesting series... it got even more interesting tonight than any of us could have predicted.

Or we're fans of good Vancouver Canadians boys gettin'er done in the bigs. Where would the Jays be without Stroman, Osuna, Pillar and Sanchez?

The Canadians are going to be all over that advertising. I've already seen it, but they will blow up with it.

I live in Toronto. This is CANADA's team.

If you live anywhere in Canada, you have the right to cheer for the Blue Jays. The entire nation is behind us.

I think it's really cool having people from Western Canada cheering for our team. Rock on and don't let anybody get you down. This team has given us quite the show.

Edited by Xbox