The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

7 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Must say that for a team who got to the ALCS final twice in a row ... the Jays certainly don't play like they have gained the experience.  

"Circumstances".

Edited by MJDDawg

13 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

well...Im glad Mikey did play...lol

It's funny, I read your other post with the lineup, but I didn't have time to reply.

I was going to point out that I actually agree with your frustration with Saunders. I was going to agree with Chuck about him being susceptible to the breaking ball in on his hands and how he is prone to swing over the top of it, especially with two strikes...I was going to point out that he would be well served to take pitches the other way, since that's how all of his previous hits in the postseason happened...

Then he hits that dinger the other way and I thought maybe he was onto something....something that maybe the rest of the club would pick up on.

Unfortunately, not so much....

10 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I have never seen homerism like this series..actually unbelievable...and why should we have to be subjected to it...unreal

It's TBS. If you'd ever watched a Braves broadcast back in the day (when the Braves were a winning team) it set the bar for homerism in announcers. The crew of Simpson and Sutton made John Garrett look unbiased

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, I read your other post with the lineup, but I didn't have time to reply.

I was going to point out that I actually agree with your frustration with Saunders. I was going to agree with Chuck about him being susceptible to the breaking ball in on his hands and how he is prone to swing over the top of it, especially with two strikes...I was going to point out that he would be well served to take pitches the other way, since that's how all of his previous hits in the postseason happened...

Then he hits that dinger the other way and I thought maybe he was onto something....something that maybe the rest of the club would pick up on.

Unfortunately, not so much....

It's TBS. If you'd ever watched a Braves broadcast back in the day (when the Braves were a winning team) it set the bar for homerism in announcers. The crew of Simpson and Sutton made John Garrett look unbiased

yes..there probably worse cases..and I have heard some bad ones...but this to me ranks right up there...you would think they would be told to be somewhat impartial...guess not..I thought it was horrible...