The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Must be nice to be a Cleveland pitcher getting all those low ball calls. 

It's got nothing to do with the strike zone. The umps have missed calls but it's been even for both sides. The difference is Clevelands pitching has made very few mistakes and, when they have, Jay hitters haven't taken advantage. They need to be aware of a bigger strike zone and adapt to it. 

9 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

About time we started getting those low calls.  Now that we're down 0-3

yeah..and the homers bitch about it right away.

and Tulo should check with Lindor on how to stay on the bag when turning a DP...what a bunch of tools.

Edited by ShakyWalton

25 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

You mean a blatant bias against Canadian teams from American run leagues?? No, not possible. Not in America. 

Well did you ever think with 3Billion being made weekly on gambling between the big 4 that maybe, just maybe all the major sports are fixed. When the NFL went to trial for it the precedent was set that the only thing a league has to guarantee is a form of entertainment, it can be rehearsed or scripted, it doesn't matter. And it's also not illegal for a ref or ump to heavily favour a team to get the best result possible that pays the most to the gambling agency. 

I like watching the Jays and the NHL even though I know there's a high chance it's fixed. I watch cuz it's entertaining and fun. 

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well did you ever think with 3Billion being made weekly on gambling between the big 4 that maybe, just maybe all the major sports are fixed. When the NFL went to trial for it the precedent was set that the only thing a league has to guarantee is a form of entertainment, it can be rehearsed or scripted, it doesn't matter. And it's also not illegal for a ref or ump to heavily favour a team to get the best result possible that pays the most to the gambling agency. 

I like watching the Jays and the NHL even though I know there's a high chance it's fixed. I watch cuz it's entertaining and fun. 

I was being sarcastic. You're completely right. I've thought about it, looked into it and have come to realize and accept that there is a bias. No, I don't own a tinfoil hat. Like you said, it's about money and entertainment. There has always been a bias against Canadian teams in the big 3 (Baseball, Hockey, Basketball). I don't watch enough MLS to be sure, but I'll assume it exists there too. If there was a Canadian NFL team, I'd bet there would be a bias there as well. 

Edited by Fantomex