The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

On 9/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, Down by the River said:

Another awful route to the baseball by Hernandez. He takes worse routes than Pillar and with half the athleticism. 

He’s no Devon.   Pilar was a talentless hack that made everything look like an impossible effort.  A true talent at center makes it look easy.  Smooth.  Devon White timed everything perfectly.  So smooth.  So effortless.   Pilar was horrible. Everything was a ridiculous effort and tried to make a superstar play out of what usually should have been very simple. He’s a fake.  Devo was the real deal.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, Down by the River said:

Another awful route to the baseball by Hernandez. He takes worse routes than Pillar and with half the athleticism. 

He’s no Devon.   Pilar was a talentless hack that made everything look like an impossible effort.  A true talent at center makes it look easy.  Smooth.  Devon White timed everything perfectly.  So smooth.  So effortless.   Pilar was horrible. Everything was a ridiculous effort and tried to make a superstar play out of what usually should have been very simple. He’s a fake.  Devo was the real deal.  

That’s the problem with baseball.  Everything is subjective to that games’ ump. It’s ridiculous really.  Overall it’s up to whatever that particular ump decides what he feels he wants to call on that particular day.  It’s really the most corrupt way of regulating a game. These umps have far too much power to decide the direction as to which team wins or loses.  Too much money for one person to decide.  

Man this stretch of games has been painful.  Can't pitch, can't hit.  The more I see some of these guys it's almost as if the bleaker it gets.

In order to let the youth the ability to grow the Jays need to improve the CF and 1B spots.  They could get away with a short term fix at first because as Groshans develops he could push Guerrero over to 1st, however I don't see anything that raises the bar in the system at CF.  They need something there that doesn't strike out 2 to 3 times a game.

Then there is the pitching.  There is literally one pitcher on their roster that a team with playoff aspirations would take right now and he'll probably be traded in the off season.  Thornton, Waguespack, Borucki, Shoemaker, Zeuch, Kay...all of those guys have question marks and if the front office is determined to answer ALL of those question marks in the majors, well then next year will be no better.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not sure what fans expect, this is the Jays 1st year of their rebuild and what did people think they were going to be a contender in their 2nd year of the rebuild or something... Have some patience people.

Exactly.

I really don't get all the angst. It's year one for the future core. No way you can make a final judgement on them at this point. If more development in the minors is required for some of them, then so be it. The league is full of place holders. The Jays had two excellent ones this season, in Freddy Galvis and Eric Sogard.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Exactly.

I really don't get all the angst. It's year one for the future core. No way you can make a final judgement on them at this point. If more development in the minors is required for some of them, then so be it. The league is full of place holders. The Jays had two excellent ones this season, in Freddy Galvis and Eric Sogard.

Correct.

Everyone well almost everyone knew they weren't going to be strong this year it was going to be an opportunity for the young guys to start coming in to see for the Jays future down the road as you mentioned a new core, then the young guys started over achieving maybe a bit and showed some promise of what the future could bring us, and then it's like everyone forgot again they were in a rebuild year....

15 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Correct.

Everyone well almost everyone knew they weren't going to be strong this year it was going to be an opportunity for the young guys to start coming in to see for the Jays future down the road as you mentioned a new core, then the young guys started over achieving maybe a bit and showed some promise of what the future could bring us, and then it's like everyone forgot again they were in a rebuild year....

I think that also a lot of people are frustrated over the poor return for Stroman, Sanchez, etc., however, we have to bear in mind that the money saved on those guys can be used down the road. If guys like Thornton, Waguespack, Kay and Zeuch don't pan out, at least we'll be in a position to buy some pitching. I think the future is pretty solid for position players.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that also a lot of people are frustrated over the poor return for Stroman, Sanchez, etc., however, we have to bear in mind that the money saved on those guys can be used down the road. If guys like Thornton, Waguespack, Kay and Zeuch don't pan out, at least we'll be in a position to buy some pitching. I think the future is pretty solid for position players.

Yes regarding the Sanchez, Biagini, and prospect trade one I get that frustration as I to am not happy with Atkins on that return and probably won't ever be, but doesn't mean I'm going to start trashing the rest of the players on this team to win now all of a sudden. Stroman is a cancer on any team imo, his head's just way to big for his small frame of a body, so getting ride of him was huge for the mindset of the prospects going forward on this team, getting him off the Jays was a win win.

10 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice hopefully he stays, Rogers supposedly doesn't want to pay Vlad and Bo they only are willing to pay for one, so will be interesting to see which one stays....

If true, just shows how stupid management can be. Two best reasons to go to, or watch a game, are those two. Take one away and lose some audience/money.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice hopefully he stays, Rogers supposedly doesn't want to pay Vlad and Bo they only are willing to pay for one, so will be interesting to see which one stays....

I haven't heard anything of the sorts and couldn't find anything via search. I hope that isn't true.

• Haha 1