The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Soooo....I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but lets assume the Jays hold off the O's and make the playoffs. I have 2 questions:

1 - Would you rather finish behind the M's and Rays and travel to Cleveland for 3 games, or leapfrog both teams and host one of them (most likely the Rays)?

2 - You can set up the rotation any way you like. Who ya got?

I'm leaning towards traveling to Cleveland on Q1. Not only do I think the Guardians are easily the weakest team in the field, Kevin Gausman actually has much better numbers on the road than he does at home.

One question 2, it's Manoah - Gausman - Berrios for me.....with Stripling coming in at the first sign of trouble for any of the other three....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Soooo....I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but lets assume the Jays hold off the O's and make the playoffs. I have 2 questions:

1 - Would you rather finish behind the M's and Rays and travel to Cleveland for 3 games, or leapfrog both teams and host one of them (most likely the Rays)?

I'm leaning towards traveling to Cleveland on Q1. Not only do I think the Guardians are easily the weakest team in the field, Kevin Gausman actually has much better numbers on the road than he does at home.

One question 2, it's Manoah - Gausman - Berrios for me.....with Stripling coming in at the first sign of trouble for any of the other three....

manoah-gausman-ohtani 

We are talking next playoffs right? :ph34r:

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Finishing third in the wildcard is the easiest path to the ALCS.

Don’t really care about home field advantage in baseball. Plus, if they manage to get past the Guardians/Twins. They get the Yankees in the ALDS, and I much rather play the Yankees then the Astros.

I would go with Gausman - Manoah - Berrios

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1

Manoah gets game one. 

a- he's earned it with his overall year

b- he's pitching very well right now

c- it may help him to like playing for the Jays even more- sign him up and keep him happy.

Gausman has been steadier all year than Berrios, so Game 2 for him, then the mystery man- which Berrios do they get that day?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I would rather face Cleveland, they are weaker than the Rays or Mariners.  The Jays always seem to have a ton of trouble with them. I actually think they play better on the road than at home. Whether it be because of too much pressure to perform in front of the home crowd there have been too many poor performances at home in comparison. Also, I believe Gausman and Berrios have worse stats at home too.

Got to be Manoah-Gausman-Berrios in that order. Manoah has shown he has what it takes and is fully deserving to start Game 1.

54 minutes ago, gurn said:

Manoah gets game one. 

c- it may help him to like playing for the Jays even more- sign him up and keep him happy.

Gausman has been steadier all year than Berrios, so Game 2 for him, then the mystery man- which Berrios do they get that day?

The other day they only used relievers and they won the game easily, so they might try that. Their relief pitching is very good and a lot of those guys can pitch multiple innings 

Edited by Red Light Racicot
  • Cheers 1

Jays need to make hay against the Rangers.

Yankees are playing the Rays, so a Jays win means they gain ground on someone....and of course, every loss means you lose ground on someone....

Meanwhile, we all have to hold our noses and become temporary Red Sox fans for the weekend....:sick:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jays need to make hay against the Rangers.

Yankees are playing the Rays, so a Jays win means they gain ground on someone....and of course, every loss means you lose ground on someone....

Meanwhile, we all have to hold our noses and become temporary Red Sox fans for the weekend....:sick:

Could be worse, my son's fall ball team is named the Red Sox :(

On 9/8/2022 at 8:31 PM, van_ws said:

I would rather face Cleveland, they are weaker than the Rays or Mariners.  The Jays always seem to have a ton of trouble with them. I actually think they play better on the road than at home. Whether it be because of too much pressure to perform in front of the home crowd there have been too many poor performances at home in comparison. Also, I believe Gausman and Berrios have worse stats at home too.

Got to be Manoah-Gausman-Berrios in that order. Manoah has shown he has what it takes and is fully deserving to start Game 1.

Berrios has been in poor form game 3 would be stripling for sure

On 9/8/2022 at 7:12 PM, gurn said:

Manoah gets game one. 

going to add- when Berrios is due to pitch- have someone ready in the bull pen, as the odds are about 50/50 that Berrios will have a good outing.

It would be too much to ask for the Jays to have a comfortable stress free blowout win once in awhile eh? They made this one a bit too close for my liking but a win is a win. It maybe is a tough task tomorrow with Perez on the mound and a bullpen day but let's see what happens.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, van_ws said:

It would be too much to ask for the Jays to have a comfortable stress free blowout win once in awhile eh? They made this one a bit too close for my liking but a win is a win. It maybe is a tough task tomorrow with Perez on the mound and a bullpen day but let's see what happens.

I know.  It'd be nice to get through a game without using too many high leverage bullpen arms.

Also, I wasn't able to watch the game but did anyone mention why the heck Texas left Arihara in for as long as they did?  I mean, I'm not complaining, but that's gotta be the hockey equivalent of not pulling your goalie after 8 goals in 2 periods.

• Upvote 1