The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I don't understand what management sees in Mitch White. His numbers are terrible since joining the Jays and has no value other than for mop up duty and eating innings to save the other arms. This has to be one of the worst trades in recent memory. I hope this bum never pitches for them again.

White sucks. YK should pitch over him lol. I also really like Moreno. No idea what type of prospects jays have / how trade value is in general.. But this kid should play... and Bichette should go to 2nd as he's causes alot more problems at SS than he should be 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

It would be pretty poetic if we have very similar stats to last years team but actually make the playoffs this time with the same record or one win better. 

92 - 70, one game ahead of last season's record.....that would have put the Jays in the playoffs last year....

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

White sucks. YK should pitch over him lol. I also really like Moreno. No idea what type of prospects jays have / how trade value is in general.. But this kid should play... and Bichette should go to 2nd as he's causes alot more problems at SS than he should be 

Kikuchi has actually been very good that last little while. White probably won't be on the playoff roster.....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

One thing I've noticed also is Bo / vlad are really starting to gel. Not seeing limited interaction / opposite side of dug out anymore

I think the talk about a Vladdy - Bo "feud" has been overblown. The two guys are like brothers....and brothers sometimes get into disagreements, but in the end, they're still brothers.

Just look at where they are in the team photo on "Clinch" night. About 60 people in that shot and there the two of them are...side by each....

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Down by the River said:

10K and 0 ER across Kikuchi's last six innings. Would be a nice surprise if he could come in for Stripling in the playoffs.

What's wrong with Stripling?

This just means Kikuchi is due for 7 ERA soon.

5 minutes ago, mdehaan said:

What's wrong with Stripling?

This just means Kikuchi is due for 7 ERA soon.

Absolutely nothing.

I think what DBTR was referring to is the fact that Stripling is generally a 5 inning (maybe 6) guy. If you could bring Kikuchi in for 2 or 3, it would really help ease the burden on the high leverage guys, like Cimber, Bass and Garcia.

He would also be an excellent alternative to Mayza, if you need a lefty and TM is unavailable.

• Cheers 2