The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Meh, just don't include anything from the 9th.

Too bad that only counts as one game.  At least the Blue Jays put a dent in the Rays run differential :lol:

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 2

There were a couple of things about the 8th that were disappointing....

If you go back and watch, during Chapman's AB, the pitcher was laser focused on him. I watche3d about three consecutive pitches where he didn't even look back at Bo...When you consider the astronomical number of double plays the Jays have hit into lately, that situation was screaming for the double steal.

Then Garcia comes in for the bottom half and immediately erases the two runs that they managed in the top half....<_<

It's been said by multiple posters, multiple times......the Jays need another flamethrower in the pen. Maybe Pearson becomes that guy, but right now, the Jays are losing too many winnable games because the back end of the 'Pen can't lock it down....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There were a couple of things about the 8th that were disappointing....

If you go back and watch, during Chapman's AB, the pitcher was laser focused on him. I watche3d about three consecutive pitches where he didn't even look back at Bo...When you consider the astronomical number of double plays the Jays have hit into lately, that situation was screaming for the double steal.

Then Garcia comes in for the bottom half and immediately erases the two runs that they managed in the top half....<_<

It's been said by multiple posters, multiple times......the Jays need another flamethrower in the pen. Maybe Pearson becomes that guy, but right now, the Jays are losing too many winnable games because the back end of the 'Pen can't lock it down....

While it is obvious the bullpen sucks, management are incompetent fools and have no clue how to build a good bullpen.

Manoah shelled again today, not good. Jays need to figure how how to win games in their division as this is embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, van_ws said:

While it is obvious the bullpen sucks, management are incompetent fools and have no clue how to build a good bullpen.

Manoah shelled again today, not good. Jays need to figure how how to win games in their division as this is embarrassing.

Embarrassing is the word for it.

I hate to say this, because I like Schneider (and I know the players do as well) but it might be time for a new voice. I think if they haven't got it on track by the All-Star break, they should make a move....

Seems this core has already got one manager sacked; I'd say they might be able to sack Schneider, but after that it will be obvious that some of the players themselves need to swapped out.

If pitching is a problem, year after year, it might be time to try a new pitching coach. Seemed like a no-brainer after Pete's DUI in Florida, last year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Seems this core has already got one manager sacked; I'd say they might be able to sack Schneider, but after that it will be obvious that some of the players themselves need to swapped out.

If pitching is a problem, year after year, it might be time to try a new pitching coach. Seemed like a no-brainer after Pete's DUI in Florida, last year.

Or after the manager change.  I'd like to see a new management group.  They bungled the deadline last year and took the team a step back this year.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

If the Jays are out of it by the trade deadline, I would seriously consider moving Vladdy. The fanbase would scream, but the return would be huge and if I'm being honest, I'm getting a bit tired of watching him try and hit everything into Lake Ontario and then end up rolling over on it and grounding into an inning ending DP...

Vladdy is a huge talent and a very likeable guy, who sells a lot of tickets and merchandise....but he's been around way too long to be stuck in these "trying too hard" ruts all the time....

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If the Jays are out of it by the trade deadline, I would seriously consider moving Vladdy. The fanbase would scream, but the return would be huge and if I'm being honest, I'm getting a bit tired of watching him try and hit everything into Lake Ontario and then end up rolling over on it and grounding into an inning ending DP...

Vladdy is a huge talent and a very likeable guy, who sells a lot of tickets and merchandise....but he's been around way too long to be stuck in these "trying too hard" ruts all the time....

If you’re going to trade Vladdy, then you might as well trade Bo and do a complete rebuild. There’s no point of keeping Bo for 3 more seasons, and then having him walk for nothing. 

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

If you’re going to trade Vladdy, then you might as well trade Bo and do a complete rebuild. There’s no point of keeping Bo for 3 more seasons, and then having him walk for nothing. 

I'd still rather see how this group does under an experienced manager.  Maddon is available

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd still rather see how this group does under an experienced manager.  Maddon is available

Agreed. This core group has only had two rookie managers at the helm so far so it would be interesting to see how they respond to an experienced manager.

If they still flounder even after that then you know this group isn't good enough and you rebuild by trading Vladdy and Bo, and collect as many assets as you can.

Edited by van_ws
  • Cheers 2