The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

11 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

How do you go from a 12 run n00bstomp to getting no-hit in less than 24 hours?

By being one of the most inconsistent teams I’ve ever seen in my life and having a front office whose only calling card is putting a team together that blew a 3-1 lead in the World Series. 

• Cheers 1

CIN 7,
MIL 5

Stolen Base Home
Elly De La Cruz steals (16) home.

Stolen Base 3B
Elly De La Cruz steals (15) 3rd base.

De La Cruz on 2ndStolen Base 2B
Elly De La Cruz steals (14) 2nd base.

De La Cruz on 1st

CIN 6,
MIL 5
Single
Elly De La Cruz singles on a line drive to left fielder Raimel Tapia. TJ Friedl scores.

Don't think I have ever seen a guy steal 3 bases in 1 inning after driving in the go ahead run.
Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Pears said:

By being one of the most inconsistent teams I’ve ever seen in my life and having a front office whose only calling card is putting a team together that blew a 3-1 lead in the World Series. 

And by bringing in veterans like Chapman who, instead of mentoring Bo/Vladdy, make the same type of baserunning mistakes as them.  

19 hours ago, Pears said:

It's painful watching the juggernaut Alex Anthopoulos has built in Atlanta.

54 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's painful watching the juggernaut Alex Anthopoulos has built in Atlanta.

Jays would have won a WS by now if AA had this group. He isn't afraid of bold moves, Shatkins are very mediocre to say the least. They never built anything decent in Cleveland when they were there.

No faith in Shatkins to make the moves necessary to bring the Jays to contenders. Hope they get their asses fired by the off-season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

19 minutes ago, van_ws said:

Jays would have won a WS by now if AA had this group. He isn't afraid of bold moves, Shatkins are very mediocre to say the least. They never built anything decent in Cleveland when they were there.

No faith in Shatkins to make the moves necessary to bring the Jays to contenders. Hope they get their asses fired by the off-season.

They need to before the season is over if we’re being honest. Losing a series to the Tigers which included a no hitter should be a fireable offense. 

• Cheers 1

Also need to fire the hitting coach and manager as well. Inexcusable for the talent on this team to be so bad scoring runs. It used to be the team could get a bunch of hits but can't hit with risp... now they can barely get any hits against a bad team.

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

They need to before the season is over if we’re being honest. Losing a series to the Tigers which included a no hitter should be a fireable offense. 

My concern is that ownership will let management make moves to try to band-aid the situation.  We saw last year that they can't do that.  The team is better off missing the playoffs if it means that these clowns get replaced by someone competent; they are wasting Vladdy and Bo's window.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

They followed it up with another base-running mistake to restore the balance. 

They had kind of painted themselves into a corner there....not having anyone they could pinch run for Kirk. Luckily Lukes came through....

Hopefully that was enough.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They had kind of painted themselves into a corner there....not having anyone they could pinch run for Kirk. Luckily Lukes came through....

Hopefully that was enough.

I'm not certain that anyone should have been running in that situation, especially not Kirk, who not only arrived late, but completely missed the base on the slide lol. 

As a random aside, I've been in Quebec the last couple weeks and the French broadcast is phenomenal. 

• Cheers 1