The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Let's all be frank....

If we were told that an incoming Donaldson would hit 33 HR along with 30 2B and 91 RBIs we would have called it a successful trade.

Never mind that he's only played 118 games.

Most of us thought that it was a great trade from the get go....

***looks at Shizzy*** B)

Most of us thought that it was a great trade from the get go....

***looks at Shizzy*** B)

Well, we all knew how good Donaldson is/was.

I just thought, if they were going to trade an asset like Lawrie, they should have traded him for pitching. I think, if the Jays would have gotten Sonny Grey from the A's, they would be as equally as good.

I just thought, if they were going to trade an asset like Lawrie, they should have traded him for pitching. I think, if the Jays would have gotten Sonny Grey from the A's, they would be as equally as good.

I disagree. Donaldson is much more valuable.
  • Upvote 1

Actually, I know that was your complaint. I just thought it was a good opportunity to give you the gears.

Donaldson has actually been better than I expected so far. As much as I'd love Sonny Gray (was he ever available?) I'm not sure if I would have preferred him over what we got with JD.

I disagree. Donaldson is much more valuable.

An elite Ace is much more valuable than anything else. Pitching is the most important position in baseball, because that wins you championships.

Grey is probably the run-a-away Cy Young winner, playing a weak offensive team. 12 wins with Oakland, just imagine how many more wins he would get playing on an offensive team, like Toronto.