The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Lots to like about Grilli..in my mind..the best pickup this year..money

So far, I think Feldman has been a bit of a disappointment, but if he can get it together, I'm starting to like the look of the pen a lot more.

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I dont know about Saunders...I loved him earlier but his game has nosedived..other than the HR lastnight his hitting is rock bottom..I pretty sure he wont be offered a contract  with TO...but his 20 HRs look good on paper.

IMO, Gibby should move him down in the order. He's in a power slot at the moment and it looks like he feels obligated to pull the ball. 

The bunt single is a perfect example of how he can climb out of this slump. He's shown that he can go the other way with a full swing as well, but as long as he hits behind Edwing, I think he's going to be trying to hit for power.

I'd swap Saunders and Tulo, if I were Gibbons and I'd have Jacoby talk to him about using left field more. The Jays are still hitting for power, but Martin's dinger nothwithstanding, far too many of their HRs are coming with the bases empty. Have Saunders concentrate on getting on base and let JD, Edwing and Tulo worry about the long ball.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So far, I think Feldman has been a bit of a disappointment, but if he can get it together, I'm starting to like the look of the pen a lot more.

IMO, Gibby should move him down in the order. He's in a power slot at the moment and it looks like he feels obligated to pull the ball. 

The bunt single is a perfect example of how he can climb out of this slump. He's shown that he can go the other way with a full swing as well, but as long as he hits behind Edwing, I think he's going to be trying to hit for power.

I'd swap Saunders and Tulo, if I were Gibbons and I'd have Jacoby talk to him about using left field more. The Jays are still hitting for power, but Martin's dinger nothwithstanding, far too many of their HRs are coming with the bases empty. Have Saunders concentrate on getting on base and let JD, Edwing and Tulo worry about the long ball.

They had Saunders at 7 the other night...I think he got his dinger in that spot.....he looks scared to me..he has struck out so much I think its in his head...he has to shake it off.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: The combo of Altuve and Correa is absolutely sick and they're still young. We could be seeing the early stages of one of the best middle infield combos in decades.

Correa just looks like he was born to play. What an athlete.

Edited by Sean Monahan