The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

5 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

One of those games I wanna jump into the TV and punch the ump

I think they should have finished the game under protest as they had a runner on 2nd with no outs. 

I personally hope they throw at the catcher... he was showing up the Jays on the Pillar fly-ball. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It's just umps who hate certain teams tbh. Only some put that aside and are professional. Toronto is probably a hated team outside 1) Canada and the 2) Cities of rivals of the teams we're up against. I don't think league is out to get us at all, only certain umps. Carapazza comes to mind.

I don't find NHL bad at all though with Canada/America. It's just bad in general, nothing against Canada.

@Beary Sweet Do the Raps get screwed as bad as Jays do?

Not as much @Xbox. Sometimes they have calls not going their way but they usually bounce back with their play on both ends of the floor. Overall, they respond well after not getting the calls they've wanted and usually build off that as it helps them get momentum on their side. Like today, it was a solid performance by the whole team

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Not as much @Xbox. Sometimes they have calls not going their way but they usually bounce back with their play on both ends of the floor. Overall, they respond well after not getting the calls they've wanted and usually build off that as it helps them get momentum on their side. Like today, it was a solid performance by the whole team

I'm sure that is the case for most teams though, so that's good to hear. I'm happy for you and the Raps!

• Upvote 1

Sigh.. on to St. Louis we go.

Going to be honest with you all. If this team plays in May the way it has this April then I'm going to start to panic. Why do I feel like we're going to lose a game to Brett Cecil this series?

Edited by Xbox

5 hours ago, Xbox said:

Sigh.. on to St. Louis we go.

Going to be honest with you all. If this team plays in May the way it has this April then I'm going to start to panic. Why do I feel like we're going to lose a game to Brett Cecil this series?

I've lowered my expectations.  The Jays 1-trick pony offense was great while the pony was in it's prime.  But now the pony is tired and everyone has figured out it's trick.  Too bad, as this team has the arms and the fielding to seriously compete.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I've lowered my expectations.  The Jays 1-trick pony offense was great while the pony was in it's prime.  But now the pony is tired and everyone has figured out it's trick.  Too bad, as this team has the arms and the fielding to seriously compete.

Hopefully we get into it soon. Ton of injuries atm.