The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

We're back to .500 baseball in the last 10, that's a positive sign.

It's hard to know what to feel after that game. A win is a win, however, it was a game full of "buts"...

- We got a clutch single from Bats, but we also needed a clutch double from Stro...

- We saw a POTY candidate from a utility player, but it was necessary because our bullpen couldn't hold a lead...

- We won the game, but the Cards really kicked it around...

I guess overall, I'd say it's a positive. The fact is, you have to take advantage of opposition errors and the Jays did. They also beat a perennial playoff team despite not having their starting 3rd baseman and shortstop in the lineup. They also managed to beat a solid starting pitcher. (although he ultimately wasn't involved in the decision)

Finally, they got another terrific start from Marco. Two tough match-ups coming though. Latos tonight and Lawrence tomorrow. The Cards throw Martinez and Wainwright in that order. I think the Jays really need to take it to Martinez tonight, because Lawrence will be in tough against AW...

26 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

will do !

u know how many more days/weeks are the jays without sanchez, tulo, josh and happ??

Donaldson will be out a few more weeks but the rest should probably be back for the weekend series if not next week. 

Edited by Pears

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's hard to know what to feel after that game. A win is a win, however, it was a game full of "buts"...

- We got a clutch single from Bats, but we also needed a clutch double from Stro...

- We saw a POTY candidate from a utility player, but it was necessary because our bullpen couldn't hold a lead...

- We won the game, but the Cards really kicked it around...

I guess overall, I'd say it's a positive. The fact is, you have to take advantage of opposition errors and the Jays did. They also beat a perennial playoff team despite not having their starting 3rd baseman and shortstop in the lineup. They also managed to beat a solid starting pitcher. (although he ultimately wasn't involved in the decision)

Finally, they got another terrific start from Marco. Two tough match-ups coming though. Latos tonight and Lawrence tomorrow. The Cards throw Martinez and Wainwright in that order. I think the Jays really need to take it to Martinez tonight, because Lawrence will be in tough against AW...

Well I think Latos should go tomorrow and I think we could almost skip Lawrence as the rain delay game tonight(if it gets postponed till tomorrow/ unless they choose to play a doubleheader)  would give the next pitcher an extra day rest and maybe Happ is ready to go soon? Although I heard he threw a 20 pitch session and his elbow did not respond well( yikes maybe tommy john or a lengthy stay on the DL) but I know Sanchez started throwing again and it's been not bad... although he has yet to throw off a mound.

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well I think Latos should go tomorrow and I think we could almost skip Lawrence as the rain delay game tonight(if it gets postponed till tomorrow/ unless they choose to play a doubleheader)  would give the next pitcher an extra day rest and maybe Happ is ready to go soon? Although I heard he threw a 20 pitch session and his elbow did not respond well( yikes maybe tommy john or a lengthy stay on the DL) but I know Sanchez started throwing again and it's been not bad... although he has yet to throw off a mound.

Pretty sure it's going to be a doubleheader...