The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

With 72 million on the DL alone (not including non-DL injured players), the Jays' DL list has a higher payroll than the 25-man rosters of the Padres, Rays, Reds, Athletics, Brewers, Phillies, and Marlins.

Yet, the Dodges have 92 million in salary on the DL. 

Its kind of insane that the Jays are not completely out of it considering their record in April, the number of injuries they have, and the fact that only two guys in their lineup today are hitting over .265.

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

If it weren't for Justin Smoak we'd be struggling a lot harder.

Imagine that scenario 2 months ago.

It's amazing what consistent at bats will do sometimes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Xbox said:

Remember when the Canucks D was so depleted we were giving top minutes to Evan Oberg lol. That's what I think of when I see Chris Coghlan

Yup lol. Very remisniscent to Oberg where Torts was giving him minutes right until Gillis traded him for Kassian which ended up being a bust deal when he ended up not showing his potential. Now that I think of it, he was traded to Florida for Ballard who helped the Canucks Cup run. 

Another note, great to see Smoak getting some clutch hits. To top that off, he hit a dinger as well. Really need others to step up and Carrera, Pillar, Travis, Bats have done their part as well. Once we get healthy, we should be a threat once more

12 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Yup lol. Very remisniscent to Oberg where Torts was giving him minutes right until Gillis traded him for Kassian which ended up being a bust deal when he ended up not showing his potential. Now that I think of it, he was traded to Florida for Ballard who helped the Canucks Cup run. 

Another note, great to see Smoak getting some clutch hits. To top that off, he hit a dinger as well. Really need others to step up and Carrera, Pillar, Travis, Bats have done their part as well. Once we get healthy, we should be a threat once more

Travis done his part? He's been struggling big time he needs to step up more, same with Bats, he's shown potential but still needs to step up more imo, agree with all your other names they have stepped up, it's Barney who's also in that list who has stepped up big!

Agree that once everyone is healthy again it should make this team a real threat again, as long as the guys who are hot now stay hot when everyone comes back!

13 hours ago, Xbox said:

Wow, I guess I was wrong about Smoak. The dudes killing it.

I'm still optimistic with him, no doubt credit is due he's killing it right now, and performing way better then I originally expected, but his past history has shown a fall eventually. I hope it doesn't happen, but like Saunders last year and himself a bit they fell apart after the All Star break, I'm waiting until about 3/4 of the season to finally give him the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't have a fall.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm still optimistic with him, no doubt credit is due he's killing it right now, and performing way better then I originally expected, but his past history has shown a fall eventually. I hope it doesn't happen, but like Saunders last year and himself a bit they fell apart after the All Star break, I'm waiting until about 3/4 of the season to finally give him the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't have a fall.

Hey if he falls apart and the rest of the team remembers how to play then I think we'll be ok. Here's hoping the Toronto Blue Jays can find the success when healthy that the Buffalo Blue Jays are having now.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Hey if he falls apart and the rest of the team remembers how to play then I think we'll be ok. Here's hoping the Toronto Blue Jays can find the success when healthy that the Buffalo Blue Jays are having now.

Yeah your right if they figure it out shouldn't matter hopefully, time will tell, still imo Smoak hasn't really proven himself in a full season before, so I just can't jump on his side after a good start to a season, I need to see consistency through out a whole season before giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Living on the west coast is absolutely the best. Baseball in two hours.

I find it weird when they play in the Pacific time zone.  Seems perfectly normal for hockey but really weird for baseball.  Shouldn't but it does. *shrug*